Projector VS Reflector headlights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Projector VS Reflector headlights

Is there a big difference between the two kinds of lights? Cause those new ones at C-1 coming in with the angel eyes and projectors are like 500$ +, worth it? or better off buying some new headlights with angel eyes and spending rest on some engine stuff?
    Kenny

Re: Projector VS Reflector headlights

projectors are good, but get oem!
    2002 VW Golf GT TDI
    2016 VW Passat BiTDI

Comment

Originally posted by bart
      projectors are good, but get oem!
      Any pics/links i can see some at that someone local would have in stock?
      Kenny

Comment

well here are mine... you cant get them locally. and they are $$$. you can get aftermarket if you want, but make sure you research and get good ones.

2002 VW Golf GT TDI
        2016 VW Passat BiTDI

Comment

Originally posted by bart
          well here are mine... you cant get them locally. and they are $$$. you can get aftermarket if you want, but make sure you research and get good ones.

Hey Bart,
          How do you know which are good ones? I was on ebay looking around at HID kits and there are so many. A friend of mine has McCullough (sp) I think and he is pretty happy with them. What do you reccommend!
          Cheers
          Derek
          Derek

-2008 Avus Silver RS4-Fat ass II
          -1996 C4S-Fat Ass
          -2007 FJ Cruiser-6 speed

Comment

well off the top of my head, preferrably those who specialize making headlamps, like Hella. another thing you can do is buy an old oem projector lamps, ie: bmw x5, audi s4, used somewhere, and just install the projector into your existing housing...

there are a couple people on here who has those inpro ones, maybe they can post their pics of their beam pattern for comparison.
            2002 VW Golf GT TDI
            2016 VW Passat BiTDI

Comment

I'll back Bart, Projector headlights are better than a Reflector, and OEM are better yet. Projectors are a even spread of light, great for headlights and fog lights, High beams are generally a Reflector style headlight because of the ability to project great distances. The FK lights are probably a good setup for the price, but when C-1 gets them, everyone will have a set.

Comment

Originally posted by TDI DUB
                I'll back Bart, Projector headlights are better than a Reflector, and OEM are better yet. Projectors are a even spread of light, great for headlights and fog lights, High beams are generally a Reflector style headlight because of the ability to project great distances. The FK lights are probably a good setup for the price, but when C-1 gets them, everyone will have a set.
                Go all the way or don't bother at all.

On everything!
                KR
                Porsche 991 Carrera S

Comment

yes, lol, i've learned my lesson! no more cheap stuff. because in the end you'll end up paying more if you dont do it properly the first time around.

spread is good, not only on lights
                  2002 VW Golf GT TDI
                  2016 VW Passat BiTDI

Comment

Working...
                  X