Finish Peeling Off

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finish Peeling Off

Just wondering if anyone else is having the same problem.
    The rubberized coating on the interior trim pieces, especially at the rear of the console seem to be peeling off.
    Had them replaced a few months ago and now they are starting to peel again.All we use for cleaning is armourall wipes and sometimes a damp cloth, so nothing to harsh i would think.
    So just wondering ifanyone else has had this problem
    Drive It Like You Stole It

Re: Finish Peeling Off

the soft paint on them does peel but you have to scratch it with your nails or a watch kinda thing.. if you got them replaced on warranty before why not do it again

or just do what most people do and buy the OEM aluminum trim instead
    Last edited by R_Ethug; 04-17-2005, 10:29 AM.

Comment

Yep it's pretty common. My ashtray cover peeled almost down to nothing so I replaced it, but my lower console area also has a bit of minor peeling.
      Yuval
      2008 Volvo C30 T5

Comment

No peeling as of yet but now i'm going to check just to be safe yet again. My car has that stupid Velvet type interior that catches all the fluff, dust bunnies etc... Sure the 2004 model and newer don't have that problem new fabric interior. Oh well.

Cordialtea
        Last edited by Cordialtea; 04-17-2005, 01:11 PM.
        Some days you step in it, some days you don't.

Comment

My driver's side door is peeling around the handle/power options area. It's not a big deal yet, but i'll have to replace it or upgrade to aluminum trim at some point.

Comment

Originally posted by Cordialtea
            No peeling as of yet but now i'm going to check just to be safe yet again. My car has that stupid Velvet type interior that catches all the fluff, dust bunnies etc... Sure the 2004 model and newer don't have that problem new fabric interior. Oh well.

Cordialtea
            mmmm Velour... just think my whole car is covered in that stuff, headliner included
            Name: Brent
            His: '04 TDI Golf Mods: None If it's smoken it ain't broken
            Family: '15 Jetta Sportwagon
            Fun car: '92 Blue Karmann Crabby Cabby Mods: Coils, front and rear swaybars, LED interior lights and some other old things.

Comment

Originally posted by LaDubDude
              My driver's side door is peeling around the handle/power options area. It's not a big deal yet, but i'll have to replace it or upgrade to aluminum trim at some point.
              I had the door handle replaced under warranty no problem. Touch wood nothing else is pealing.
              Bryce

2002 Jetta 1.8T Baltic Green Tiptronic
              APR 91, Carbonio CAI, Samco TIH, 2.5" Brullen Turbo-back, ABD Lower Intercooler Pipe, Forge 007 DV

Comment

The Velour on my middle armrest is starting to wear which I'm not happy about. Are you having that problem as well?

Cordialtea

Comment

personally i friggin despise the armrest in my car in any other car its fine but for me i can't use it and shift.. 2,4 just dont' work with it.. so i leave it up all the time..

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan
                    personally i friggin despise the armrest in my car in any other car its fine but for me i can't use it and shift.. 2,4 just dont' work with it.. so i leave it up all the time..
                    I couldn't agree more!! my frggin ape arms get in the way when i shift. i'm looking at taking it out and selling it to some american on vortex apperently they didn't get armrests

Comment

Originally posted by Hardy_Boy
                      I couldn't agree more!! my frggin ape arms get in the way when i shift. i'm looking at taking it out and selling it to some american on vortex apperently they didn't get armrests
                      Yeah mine is always up, I hate it.
                      KR
                      Porsche 991 Carrera S

Comment

funny story about the armrest.. an old club member from up north showed him his once and he had cloth interior GTI.. well he liked it down but hated shifting with it too (basically your arm can't slide back/forth and you shift with your wrist which annoys me)

so anyways he just shifted and 'forced' his arm back/forth.. well i looked at his armrest and that **** had like arm hair mashed into the fabric and was all worn out in a big line! it was pretty funny and sick at the same time

edit.. i'm tempted to remove mine also and install an 04 style centre console i miss my cup holders up top.. (dvd gets in the way).. but i plan on putting some alcantara in the car this year and i want to test the armrest first so i'll probably just end up keeping it
                        Last edited by R_Ethug; 04-17-2005, 10:51 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan
                          I agree totally . . . that armrest is a major PITA, but what's the alternative?

Comment

My arm rest is usually up because it gets in the way of larger people getting their seatbelts on in my car. My Dogs like to use for a ramp to jump into the front seats. I feel crowded when people put their arms on it as my last one.

I have an Automatic , I can't drive a Stick. Pout:(

I never learned how to drive a standard.

Cordialtea

Comment

Working...
                            X