Audio Mods for Bill

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Audio Mods for Bill

So... I've got my new Phatbox coming... and I think I'll celebrate its installation by installing my old amp and sub. It's a 5 channel Alpine of some sort (i'll have to look when I get home) and an Alpine 10" Type-R in a sealed enclosure. It's certainly not pretty, but it works.

But my problem is that i'm dumb. Well, ok, not dumb, but dumb at installing car audio stuff. Does anyone want to have a Phatbox/Sub/Amp installation party? Sounds so fun doesn't it! I'll love you long time.

PS: I will not love you long time.

PPS: The amp is only going to power the sub, and I think I have all the cables I need from my previous installation... oh and I have a stupid Monsoon to make things more complicated.
    Last edited by Billip; 04-14-2005, 05:04 PM.
    billip
    2013 Audi RS 5

Re: Audio Mods for Bill

I'll give you the head's up after I'm done installing my Phatbox tonight......

Comment

bill search on vortex for monsoon subwoofer or something along those lines there is like an 18 page thread on how to properly set one up

Comment

18 pages that sounds fun
        Blair
        Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Comment

You are going to need a high level to low level converter to supply signal to that amp.
          Name: Brent
          His: '04 TDI Golf Mods: None If it's smoken it ain't broken
          Family: '15 Jetta Sportwagon
          Fun car: '92 Blue Karmann Crabby Cabby Mods: Coils, front and rear swaybars, LED interior lights and some other old things.

Comment

I've read the docs on installing the amp/sub to a Monsoon system. It's pretty straightforward... there are a couple of ways to do it. I also have an Alpine high level to low level converter thingy that I used when this setup was in my last car.
            billip
            2013 Audi RS 5

Comment

Working...
            X