Ouch...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ouch...

Stupid cop today was hiding behind like a damn sign on crowchild by the university and lasered me going 106 in an 80 zone. And on top of that I had insurance that was a month expired and my new insurance is on the way in the mail they said. So what could I have done....

Think I should take this to court for the insurance ticket? and say that it was in my glove box I just misplaced it and I found it just after he gave me the ticket?
    Last edited by Kor; 04-12-2005, 09:04 PM.
    Kenny

Re: Ouch... Who else hates cops?!?!

Ouch what time of day? i take crowchild back/forth from work every day and go 100 all the time.. gotta watch out now cuz of the construction..

Comment

Originally posted by Swoosh2
      Stupid cop today was hiding behind like a damn sign on crowchild by the university and lasered me going 106 in an 80 zone. And on top of that I had insurance that was a month expired and my new insurance is on the way in the mail they said. So what could I have done....

Think I should take this to court for the insurance ticket? and say that it was in my glove box I just misplaced it and I found it just after he gave me the ticket?
      I think its a little extreme to say you "hate cops". I think on any Calgary forum you are going to be percieved as ignorant for making that kind of statement.

Although saying I "hate tickets" or maybe "hate the speed limit" are fine with me.

I sympathize about the insurance because the same thing happened to me, my registration renewal arrived a week late one year and I got ticketed.
      KR
      Porsche 991 Carrera S

Comment

Around like 2.00 pm. I see your point Kor hehe Correction I hate tickets!! Sorry if I offended anyone.

Ya with your insurance did you fight it?
        Kenny

Comment

Around like 2.00 pm. I see your point Kor hehe Correction I hate tickets!! Sorry if I offended anyone.

Ya with your insurance did you fight it?
          I am sure most police have a thick skin since they deal with a lot of crap, and I don't know of any members who are in law enforcement, but nonetheless I like to keep things civil!

Once I got pulled over in Calgary (speeding, < 15km over) and the guy let me off with a warning after I gave him a tour of my Jetta's mods, which he really really liked. Best pull-over ever.

I didn't fight the registration ticket cause I think it didn't add any demerits to my record? Just a fine I think. Least I am pretty sure.

I have fought speeding twice but sometimes I just pay, if its a minor ticket and I honestly deserved it.
          Last edited by Kor; 04-12-2005, 09:08 PM.
          KR
          Porsche 991 Carrera S

Comment

Re: Ouch...

Brutal. How much was the ticket?
            Like Type 2's? Visit my blog!

My posts and comments written here on this forum are on my spare time and are my personal opinion(s) and are not the opinion(s) or policy of my employer nor are they proven to be accurate. Use advice at your own risk.
            You dig sucka?!

Comment

160 $ out of my poket :(. Oh well.. The insurance was 175$ so even worse.
              So the insurance ticket doesnt add demerits?
              Kenny

Comment

160 $ out of my poket :(. Oh well.. The insurance was 175$ so even worse.
                So the insurance ticket doesnt add demerits?
                $160 for doing 26 over the limit actually seems low. They're really gouging these days, so I was expecting you to say it was around $300. Then again, with the insurance ticket, I guess it was...
                Yuval
                2008 Volvo C30 T5

Comment

ya I was suprised at first but then again getting tickets jacks up insurance a lot.
                  Kenny

Comment

I know what you're getting at Kor, but I have to say that 'i hate some cops' . Im pretty young and Ive been pulled over for retarted things (in the last year Ive been pulled over for a running light being out, failing to signal (at 11:30 on deerfoot with no one in sight but a cop I couldnt even make out in the distance behind me) and no seat-belt). None of those times did I get a ticket for speeding, because I wasn't, and every time I got a ticket, no warnings for me. I even got a ticket because my drivers license had the wrong address (in all fairness, I should have changed it but COME ON! I was already getting a pointless ticket as it was haha
                    Last edited by James; 04-13-2005, 10:40 AM.
                    REAL men use harsh language as self-defense
                    -james

Comment

was the cop on crowchild south after the train station on the tracks there kinda?
                      2002 VW Golf GT TDI
                      2016 VW Passat BiTDI

Comment

I have deserved every ticket I have ever gotten. But I haven't been pulled over in 2 years, so I am due...

Present
                        2010 Audi A4 S-Line
                        2007 VW GTI 2.0T

Past
                        2003 VW Jetta GLI
                        1992 VW Jetta GL
                        1984 VW Rabbit GTI

Comment

Phone Your Broker And Get A Proof Of Insurance Slip (NOT JUST A PINK SLIP BUT SOMETHING SIGNED BY A LICENCED BROKER) And Bring It To The Station Within At Least 30 Days And They Sould Drop It.
                          Last edited by GTI_VR6; 04-13-2005, 11:20 AM.
                          My signature is so last year...

Comment

Ok thanks

Yes bart thats where the cop was. Did u see him as well??
                            Kenny

Comment

Working...
                            X