Riiiiiiiiiims!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Riiiiiiiiiims!

Just wondering how M3 rims look on a o4 jetta? Anyone have pictures? And what do they usually cost? with or without rubber?
    Kenny

Re: Riiiiiiiiiims!

over a 1000 cdn/wheel and rubber is a good 300+/corner they look fine but you need the right car to pull them off

Comment

And if you're pulling off the real deal (not replicas) you're gonna need adapters to get the right bolt pattern.
      Jay

Comment

hey speaking of m3 rims, i am planning on buyin some m5 rims for my golf.. i know i asked the same questions last night but will they fit if they are 5/120??? i can get em for super cheap so if they fit im buying....

Comment

Originally posted by Daelen Nekuda
          hey speaking of m3 rims, i am planning on buyin some m5 rims for my golf.. i know i asked the same questions last night but will they fit if they are 5/120??? i can get em for super cheap so if they fit im buying....
          You will need adaptors. Your VW uses 5x100 et 35 and the M5 uses 5x120 et 20 I think? So someone needs to work out the size/type of adaptor and see if there is clearance.

Thats the long answer. Because you can almost make anything fit if you spend enough money.

The short answer is no, just buy a 5x100et35 wheel.
          Last edited by Kor; 04-12-2005, 02:15 PM.
          KR
          Porsche 991 Carrera S

Comment

Well your car is 5x100 and the BMW wheels are 5x120 so they will not bolt right up. You could get adapters but I dont think that is a common application and BMW can have strange offsets so you might need custom adapters which probably cost more then the wheels if they were cheap. It could probably be done but not easily and cheap.

If the offset is 20 like Kris said than after adapaters you would have a 0 offset or negative which is not going to work. Re-drilled is probably a better option.
            Last edited by Canadian Turbo; 04-12-2005, 02:16 PM.
            Blair
            Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Comment

You will have to get adapters. For future reference: If the rim isn't 5x100 then it WILL NOT fit on your car.

Present
              2010 Audi A4 S-Line
              2007 VW GTI 2.0T

Past
              2003 VW Jetta GLI
              1992 VW Jetta GL
              1984 VW Rabbit GTI

Comment

Apparently on a BMW M5 the rear offset is 20mm but the fronts are 48mm. Or so someone told me.

So that means with a 20mm adaptor (smallest you can probably get) its 28mm offset which will just BARELY fit. Might need to roll fender.

However you would need to find someone to sell you 4 front wheels which is atypical.
                KR
                Porsche 991 Carrera S

Comment

Working...
                X