Pennzoil Synchromesh update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Pennzoil Synchromesh update

Dealers around here are using AC Delco #89021808 - I bought it and searched online, apparently it's exactly the same stuff. Will be dumping it in on Thurs. Capacity is 2.1 liters, so you'll need 3 bottles. Someone here can buy my leftover quart if they want.

Khyron
    Last edited by Khyron; 04-26-2005, 03:59 PM.
    Geoff
    Fear is the element that unites all losers.

Comment

Let us know, my oil change is coming up soon!
      2006 Colorado Xtreme | AEM CAI | Walker exhaust | smoked glass | -1" dropped rear | Avic D3 | 8000K HID's
      2002 GTI 1.8t | C1 SS | Upsolute 94 oct | Brullen 2.5" DP | Supersprint catback | Poly mounts | 19" Privat's | FK 55 kit | Projector lights | EVOMS CAI
      2000 GSXR750 | Hindle Race exhaust | Telefonica replica | K&N intake | Custom ECU

Comment

when should tranny fluid be flushed my car is 2 years old this may and i'm wondering bout it.. i have to go in next week for an oil change (was this week but i guess NL can't get me in until next week!)

Comment

They say it's lifetime, but that's a crock of **** - nothing is lifetime. It's 5/30 semi synth oil with additives. , but doesn't get heat wear obviously. But over time, any oil deteriorates which is why you change your engine oil once a year even if you never drive it.

I don't have grind, but since I'm keeping this car I don't want to get it either.

I'm more interested in the VW techs response when I give him the bottles to put in.

Edit: As for how often, I'd guess every 5 years would be fine, unless your hard on it in which case getting the oil (with metal fillings) out is a good thing. I'm at 3 years but only switching to see if this is as good as claimed.

Khyron
          Last edited by Khyron; 04-26-2005, 08:45 PM.
          Geoff

Comment

Particulate ware is the #1 thing that will kill your tranny... other then Bart driving your car that is.
            Name: Brent
            His: '04 TDI Golf Mods: None If it's smoken it ain't broken
            Family: '15 Jetta Sportwagon
            Fun car: '92 Blue Karmann Crabby Cabby Mods: Coils, front and rear swaybars, LED interior lights and some other old things.

Comment

Originally posted by Khyron
              They say it's lifetime, but that's a crock of **** - nothing is lifetime.
              My thoughts exactly. Have you made the switch yet? Lemme know what you think.

Comment

Yep switched today, used 2 quarts of the AC Delco. Guess the tech didn't think the .1 would matter, especially since it was a drain and not a flush. Cost 40 bucks labor - so decide if it's worth it for you to buy the part.

Happy with the change for sure, I noticed right away. Of course I have 40% reduction short shifter and a cut shifter rod so it's still notchy but it's a smoother notchy.

Khyron
                Geoff

Comment

Originally posted by Khyron
                  Of course I have 40% reduction short shifter and a cut shifter rod so it's still notchy but it's a smoother notchy.

Khyron
                  Nice . . .

Comment

Working...
                  X