Shifters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shifters

Anyone know a good site or place to find a new shifter? Just got short shifter installed want to get new shifter.
    Kenny

Re: Shifters

A shift nob you mean?

Comment

ya sorry hahaha im a newbie
      Kenny

Comment

OEM is really the only way to go.. there are like 10 you can get.. R-line is nice.. beetle turbo S is my vote as i rock it

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan
          OEM is really the only way to go.. there are like 10 you can get.. R-line is nice.. beetle turbo S is my vote as i rock it
          Yes, the problem with aftermarket knobs is that they don't fit as well on a VW. They usually attach with a screw-on system while VW uses some kind of funky push-lock system. I would hate to have my knob fall off They can however look pretty good and maybe feel more comfortable.

Rieger (I think) makes a knob that is nice in my opinion, for both looks and shape, and lights up.

You can swap knobs from any other VW such as from the R32 or Polo or something, and its pretty original! I think the euro Polo/Lupo's have some cool knobs that nobody has...
          KR
          Porsche 991 Carrera S

Comment

K cool i'll check them all out on ebay and stuff. Where else is a good place to look at them?
            Kenny

Comment

I can't stand the OEM shift knobs. They're plasticky and too light. At least the ones I tried out were. I have an aluminum/leather momo knob that looks as new as the day I got it. There are little metal washers you can get so that they fit properly.
              Yuval
              2008 Volvo C30 T5

Comment

Originally posted by Swoosh2
                K cool i'll check them all out on ebay and stuff. Where else is a good place to look at them?
                You can find pictures of the OEM knobs on VW's sites, euro knobs on the UK or German site.

Simon (EU Tuning) can get the R32/R-line/Sport/4-motion knobs I think, and maybe others if you ask him.

C1 has some Momo stuff.
                KR
                Porsche 991 Carrera S

Comment

I have a Momo in mine, and it fits well, its heavy, and it almost looks OEM
                  2006 Colorado Xtreme | AEM CAI | Walker exhaust | smoked glass | -1" dropped rear | Avic D3 | 8000K HID's
                  2002 GTI 1.8t | C1 SS | Upsolute 94 oct | Brullen 2.5" DP | Supersprint catback | Poly mounts | 19" Privat's | FK 55 kit | Projector lights | EVOMS CAI
                  2000 GSXR750 | Hindle Race exhaust | Telefonica replica | K&N intake | Custom ECU

Comment

Working...
                  X