Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Phatbox super cheap $120USD

Originally posted by Van G
    Thanks Billip. Now that I've got the upgrade I now need to decide on what format/spec to import my cd's to my HD!

Arguement online seems to be between AAC, Ogg Vorbis, and Lame.
    192/228/320
    cbr or vbr

What are people taking their CD based tunes into their online library as?

I use iTunes for my home listening.
    That's a question many people have an opinion on. I've looked at this site before and they have some good recommendations, but I don't use them.

I personally like AAC. In my opinion, it's what MP3 will move to sooner or later. It is essentially MP4... based on MPEG4... it's an open standard. Good quality and supports up to 64 channels or something rediculous (so is good for 5.1, 6.1, 7.1, etc. in the future). I encode at 192 AAC in iTunes with "Use Error Correction when importing CD's" enabled.
    billip
    2013 Audi RS 5

Comment

[QUOTE=Stonewall]
      Originally posted by low cut below 25 Hz.[/QUOTE
      Cut below 25? but there is where all the bump is
      Dude, I used to have a pair of JBL Concert Series 18 inch subs in 4 ft^3 trifold enclosures being pushed by a 5000w JBL Pro Series amp (it took two plugs!) and I couldn't get much crunch under 30 Hz.

With the ever plummeting cost per MB of hard drives I am seeing less of a reason to go with anything other than a marginally lossy compression scheme, if any lossy compression at all.

Perhaps the next gen of music recording (i.e. SACD, DVDA) might bring back the appeal of high compression formats.

Comment

Originally posted by NeonGTI
        Dude, I used to have a pair of JBL Concert Series 18 inch subs in 4 ft^3 trifold enclosures being pushed by a 5000w JBL Pro Series amp (it took two plugs!) and I couldn't get much crunch under 30 Hz.
        I know I was kidding, most headunit and amps filter out almost everything in that range anyways. PLus the most "physical" bass is around the 80Hz mark.
        Name: Brent
        His: '04 TDI Golf Mods: None If it's smoken it ain't broken
        Family: '15 Jetta Sportwagon
        Fun car: '92 Blue Karmann Crabby Cabby Mods: Coils, front and rear swaybars, LED interior lights and some other old things.

Comment

Originally posted by Stonewall
          I know I was kidding, most headunit and amps filter out almost everything in that range anyways. PLus the most "physical" bass is around the 80Hz mark.
          I knew you were smarter than that. I was just dreaming of the days back when I dj'd and would watch the lovely ladies stand in front of my subs at full scream... and how the subs made their jubblies jiggle on every beat.

Comment

Originally posted by NeonGTI
            I knew you were smarter than that. I was just dreaming of the days back when I dj'd and would watch the lovely ladies stand in front of my subs at full scream... and how the subs made their jubblies jiggle on every beat.

funny thing is huge speakers where used in a vehicle to set a land speed record, how it was done I forget percisely but they inversely reporduced some sound that let them break the sound barrier. Also the US has developed some weapon that fires 10Hz or so beams that are powerful enough to stop someones heart
            Name: Brent
            His: '04 TDI Golf Mods: None If it's smoken it ain't broken
            Family: '15 Jetta Sportwagon
            Fun car: '92 Blue Karmann Crabby Cabby Mods: Coils, front and rear swaybars, LED interior lights and some other old things.

Comment

Working...
            X