• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Phatbox super cheap $120USD

Northland wants 285 + tax.

Khyron
    Geoff
    Fear is the element that unites all losers.

Comment

geoff PM bart he has a buddy locally that can hook you up better than that

Comment

Mine was $259.00 from Fifth Ave, pre-tax.

Comment

Forgot to mention, that $259.00 didn't include the mounting bracket.

Comment

arent people readying all the posts? a friend of mine i think still has a couple for sale @ 240$ish. lol oh well for you. return it!
            2002 VW Golf GT TDI
            2016 VW Passat BiTDI

Comment

After exchange and the ass-fisters at UPS mine worked out to about $225. Good enough for me! Delivered right to my door too!

I'll pay a premium for lazy.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Burns
                In a word... yes.

EDIT: I should clarify... install in a jetta takes 10 seconds. In a golf it is not so simple.
                installed mine last night. super easy. the longest part of the install process was trying to find enough music to fill 20gigs. i've only downloaded 12 albums so i've barely scratched the surface!!
                Eric
                2002 Jetta 1.8T, Black

Comment

FFFFFFFFFFFFF-ck..

Mine doesn't work.

I keep getting 'no DMS was detected' when I plug the thing in. Windows doesn't see any of the partitions, the device, nothing.

I get the same results on any of the 5 windows machines in my house.

Comment

Originally posted by NeonGTI
                    FFFFFFFFFFFFF-ck..

Mine doesn't work.

I keep getting 'no DMS was detected' when I plug the thing in. Windows doesn't see any of the partitions, the device, nothing.

I get the same results on any of the 5 windows machines in my house.
                    did you check out www.phatnoise.com in their troubleshooting forum? were you able to play the songs when you plugged it into your car? it comes default with 3 sample albums.

did you install the software before you plugged in the device? it says in the manual that you need to install the software before you plug it in.
                    Eric
                    2002 Jetta 1.8T, Black

Comment

Originally posted by T is for Turbo
                      did you check out www.phatnoise.com in their troubleshooting forum? were you able to play the songs when you plugged it into your car? it comes default with 3 sample albums.

did you install the software before you plugged in the device? it says in the manual that you need to install the software before you plug it in.
                      Did it all. Well except for try it in the car.

On three machines I installed the software prior to plugging the unit in, on 1 I plugged it in then installed, and on the last one I was poking around at it with no software. Identical results. Windows SEES a device but has no idea what it is.

Been to their trouble shooting, futzed with the little clip and have sent them mail describing the problem and steps taken thus far.

Comment

That is exactly what happened when the HD in my DMS turned to sh!t. Phatnoise should send you a little unix program that will supposedly fix the drive, but it didn't work for me and I had to get a new cartridge (warranty of course) I just walked ino NL and they gave me a new DMS no questions asked.

Present
                        2010 Audi A4 S-Line
                        2007 VW GTI 2.0T

Past
                        2003 VW Jetta GLI
                        1992 VW Jetta GL
                        1984 VW Rabbit GTI

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Burns
                          That is exactly what happened when the HD in my DMS turned to sh!t. Phatnoise should send you a little unix program that will supposedly fix the drive, but it didn't work for me and I had to get a new cartridge (warranty of course) I just walked ino NL and they gave me a new DMS no questions asked.
                          An interesting point. It IS a VW product so I should be able to walk in to any given dealership and get it replaced.

In theory.

Comment

I am pretty sure Rick said I got the last one when I went to NL so if you don't want to wait you might want to try one of the other stealerships.

Present
                            2010 Audi A4 S-Line
                            2007 VW GTI 2.0T

Past
                            2003 VW Jetta GLI
                            1992 VW Jetta GL
                            1984 VW Rabbit GTI

Comment

Seriously... has anyone managed a "Stealth Install" on this FATBox yet? Still waiting to see a factory worthy install on this thing?!

Cheers...
                              Rob
                              Daddy's "Hooligan" - MK4 R32 in Deep Blue Pearl
                              Mommy's "Gran Turismo" - E70 X5M in Black Sapphire Metallic

GONE... BUT NOT FORGOTTEN:

The Family "Muscle Car" - B7 RS4 in Misano Red - Dad's 20th Anniversary "Wanna-be R32" GTi

Comment

Originally posted by Deuce
                                Seriously... has anyone managed a "Stealth Install" on this FATBox yet? Still waiting to see a factory worthy install on this thing?!

Cheers...
                                Give me a go at it I will stuff that fatbox where ever you want it. I bet the glove box would be awesome!
                                Name: Brent
                                His: '04 TDI Golf Mods: None If it's smoken it ain't broken
                                Family: '15 Jetta Sportwagon
                                Fun car: '92 Blue Karmann Crabby Cabby Mods: Coils, front and rear swaybars, LED interior lights and some other old things.

Comment

Working...
                                X