VW's Remus Performance Muffler with TDI midpipe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VW's Remus Performance Muffler with TDI midpipe

With this setup they say its a catback. However the cost of a Remus muffler from VW it's over $700.... I think and the TDI midpipe for $50 which allows a bigger pipe vs the stock 1.8T.
    It will cost probablly $900 with all the installation. How much slower is this setup vs a Brullen 2.25" catback exhaust system or a 2.5" catback exhaust system.
    2008 BMW 135i | M Package | JB3 | DCI | BMW Performance Exhaust

A quarter inch is very small difference. This article on Audiworld should help a bit.
    Audi World
    “If you think your car is under control, you’re going slow.”

Comment

[quote]Originally posted by Fluidic Digital:
      I run a Brullen Turbo-Back exhaust system. 2.5" -- you can feel the performance enhancement almost instantly. When dealing with things like this, don't deal cheap -- and yes, the VW "performance" exhaust system is indeed cheap -- anything Remus has proved faulty here in Calgary -- gotta hate rust! :eek:

I suggest Brullen -- I had one on my VR6 and I now have one on my 1.8t -- NO regrets.

Peter

I disagree.
      From what i have heard (and seen) Brullen isnt as good as Remus or SuperSprint.
      Go down to TunerWorks and take a look.
      The quality difference is obviouse...
      Just my .02
      TDI SportWagen

Comment

Good or Bad or Average performance? Only dyno numbers can prove. The new REMUS is stainless steel, so the rusting problem should be eliminated. I have the new type REMUS on my Passat. I think is OK.

If I have a 1.8T I will put the Thermal Research and Design system.
        Click here for EuropeanCar Mag exhaust system test
        “If you think your car is under control, you’re going slow.”

Comment

I've heard that the Remus exhausts actually have huge problems with Rust issues. It was noted on vwvortex. But coupled with a TDI Midpipe which eliminates the resonator the performance vs a brullen system with a chip isnt that much.

The EC magazine states a 12 HP gain with the muffler... with the tdi midpipe you can see at LEAST 15 HP gains.

And the Remus muffler is over $750 and the TDI midpipe is $50 so thats around $800 which indeed isnt that much cheaper then a Brullen setup.
          2008 BMW 135i | M Package | JB3 | DCI | BMW Performance Exhaust

Comment

Techtonics makes pretty good exhausts. They've been doing for a really long time and acording to a mag article I read in european car it rated the highest gains along with the highest noise. However, I've got the TT cat-back with a resonator and the sound isn't bad at all. my rear passengers say they can hear it but I never have to yell or raise my voice. passengers are usually quiet due to them saying prayers etc...

https://www.techtonicstuning.com/indexs.html

Comment

http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=750178

kick ass deal on a TT exhaust!!!!

Comment

Working...
              X