Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

anyone knows cheap timing belt kit for 1.8t?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anyone knows cheap timing belt kit for 1.8t?

anyone knows where to buy cheap timing belt kit for 1.8t in edmonton?

well , need the timing belt change pretty soon .......
    Last edited by silver18t; 04-05-2005, 11:11 PM.

Re: anyone knows cheap timing belt kit for 1.8t?

http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=1724746 for some ideas - I still dunno if I'll stick to a hydrolic tensioner or go with a mechanical one.

Khyron
    Geoff
    Fear is the element that unites all losers.

Comment

Re: anyone knows cheap timing belt kit for 1.8t in edmonton?

i think oem is better, since as Christ said, hydraulic tesioner eliminates the user error. with kit from pdperformance, you need to torque the tensioner to spec as maintanance. Hydraulic is better, if not, why wouldn't VW put cheaper tensioner to lower their production cost?

Comment

Originally posted by silver18t
        i think oem is better, since as Christ said, hydraulic tesioner eliminates the user error. with kit from pdperformance, you need to torque the tensioner to spec as maintanance. Hydraulic is better, if not, why wouldn't VW put cheaper tensioner to lower their production cost?

Sooo confused. Christ said what now?
        KR
        Porsche 991 Carrera S

Comment

The mechanical tensioner needs to be set properly, but it doesn't need any more maintenance than a hydrolic once installed. And it's supposedly easier to install. However, with the hydrolic, if your water pump goes, you just lost your engine.

My dilema depends on how accurate the water pump problem is, the lack or increase of CELs and the cheaper cost of future maintenance.

Khyron
          Geoff
          Fear is the element that unites all losers.

Comment

ok, from their installation manual, it noted belt should be tight and not too tighten........

i guess you need to feel the tighteness in order to make it right, otherwise you lose your engine too. and hydraulic tensioner eliminates this process and it sets tension automatically
            Last edited by silver18t; 04-06-2005, 01:11 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Kor
              Sooo confused. Christ said what now?
              bAUAHAH
              2002 VW Golf GT TDI
              2016 VW Passat BiTDI

Comment

christ said.. believe in me my brothers!

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan
                  christ said.. believe in me my brothers!
                  That's Paraphrased....
                  Jay

Comment

all right, it's not chris said, but is under pdperformance account, quote "The factory setup is there to simply eliminate some of the possibilities of user error." from http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=1724746

Comment

all right, it's not chris said, but is under pdperformance account, quote "The factory setup is there to simply eliminate some of the possibilities of user error." from http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=1724746
                      Sorry, just ignore us, we're bored and quirky. Please don't take offense.
                      Jay

Comment

Working...
                      X