X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what does it cost

what does it cost to debadge your trunk anyone done this and where?? thanks

Re: what does it cost

Ryan or Yuval should be able to estimate this for you!
    Blair
    Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Comment

This cost me $400. Too many damned people want to shave their cars these days. I remember the good ol' day when it was just me... *grumble*
      Yuval
      2008 Volvo C30 T5

Comment

if you want to simply debage and remove the jetta and engine logos that cost is about 5 bucks

close to 600 w/shop discount and full respray of trunk and some blending on panels,etc plus the cost of the euro lid = one mod that blew my budget

Comment

But it looks so damn good!!!!!!!!!!
          Blair
          Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Comment

nah still a waste of my money.. i agree it looks good but 90% of people dont' realize that the emblem needed to be welded over kinda deal and just think we popped it off.. oh well with my custom body stuff going nobody knows what my car is anymore i dig that..

Comment

In my opinion subtle mods are what seperate good cars from great cars!!!
              Blair

Comment

Originally posted by Canadian Turbo
                In my opinion subtle mods are what seperate good cars from great cars!!!
                ^^^
                KR
                Porsche 991 Carrera S

Comment

If you just want to remove your badges, some dental floss or fishing line will do it. Saw back and forth under the badges to remove them. Once they're off, use some goo gone from Crappy tire to remove the remaining foam tape and glue residue. Apply a little wax to protect the paint after using the goo gone, and you're all debadged! If you search, I'm sure someone has posted this with pics, or PM me if you have any questions.

Jeff
                  Jeff

his - '03 GTI VR6
                  hers - '06 A4 S-line Avant
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Silverstoned
                    If you just want to remove your badges, some dental floss or fishing line will do it. Saw back and forth under the badges to remove them. Once they're off, use some goo gone from Crappy tire to remove the remaining foam tape and glue residue. Apply a little wax to protect the paint after using the goo gone, and you're all debadged! If you search, I'm sure someone has posted this with pics, or PM me if you have any questions.

Jeff

^^^^
                    Not a Jetta Driver Little more involved to get the jetta lookin fresh, our trunk-lock assy. is in that VW emblem
                    REAL men use harsh language as self-defense
                    -james

Comment

Originally posted by j'aime ta femme
                      ^^^^
                      Not a Jetta Driver Little more involved to get the jetta lookin fresh, our trunk-lock assy. is in that VW emblem
                      You said 'debadge', not shave
                      Jeff

his - '03 GTI VR6
                      hers - '06 A4 S-line Avant
                      sigpic

Comment

Working...
                      X