All the goods are in! ATP Stage-2 Turbo Kit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All the goods are in! ATP Stage-2 Turbo Kit

so I've finally seen the day... all the parts to my stage 2+ are in. Everything from the turbo down to the 3" catless exhaust system (which looks amazing).

Kit came with, all hoses, pipes, gaskets, turbo, 3" exhaust parts, even an adjustable fuel pressure regulator (FPR, yes, adjustable). I'm pretty happy with everything I've seen so far and will install it as soon as I possible can, weather permiting.

I'm actually going to write down ALL the part numbers and CONSIDER making a kits similar to this kit (minus the software of course) with some serious upgraded parts. I can see certain "bottle necks" in the kit that given time and skill I could fix. ie. the intake pipe on the k03 is like 2" and the intake on the gt25 is like 2.5" thats 25% bigger. and when you're in the 250hp, 25% more air flow (possible) is a hell of a lot. Anyways, pictures will be taken (in detail) and posted on my website... kickassturboshiatthatmakesmycargo"zoom,zoom"

Can't wait to see, here and feel the power :donking:
    Blair
    Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Comment

That's awesome Sean! Are you going to be installing it all yourself? I'm interested in seeing how it's all done, so if you need some grunt labour, or whatever, I'd be glad to help in any way I can.

Cheers, Chris.
      2008 Audi RS4
      2015 Fiat 500 Abarth

Comment

Hey Peter... i won't have to contend with any of that banjo bolt b.s. that I did for the k04... by the looks of it... this install should be easier but longer cause I've gotta remove the intake manifold. Also, ATP includes no instructions (idiots), so I'm glad I had the practice with the k04 last year.

Comment

fuel pressure gauge installed. at idle the injectors pressure are 2.5Bar, stabbing the throttle to 5000RPM produces 3Bar (thanks to my mom for testing this out). I have the gauge installed in the engine bay as it will only be nescesary for the dynos

I install the turbo, etc. tomorrow.

Comment

GT25/T28 is in.

Fugging awesome! I installed in WAY less time then that little k04. I took pictures of the turbos side by side for comparison. You guys will be impressed.

I still have to install an steel braided oil line, put everything back together (intake manifold etc., install exhaust. Another 4 hours and it will be a done deal.

One thing I've realized tonight is that I have gone to the point of no return. I pretty much am screwed of returning the car to stock because it is so different now.

I figure the next time NVD meets my car will be dyno'd & all the custom pipes will be done and i should be putting down 290hp. so much for that clutch i had installed :mrlaugh: :mrlaugh:

Comment

car is STILL at my shop... I am upgrading the exhaust system a little bit.

Write ups? Well, getting the turbo on is no big accomplishment actually. Its running the oil line that is a total unbelievable *****. I had to remove the inatke manifold, injecotrs, wires, connections, brackets etc... just for a stupid stainless braided line.

This kits has some pretty annoying bottle necks:
              1) the Turbo Inlet Pipe that is used is the stock unit, that means you're using a 1.5" inlet instead of teh 2" that the turbo "wants". that pisses me off.
              2) the kit needs a little more polish, should come with hose clamps, thermal wrap, brackets to hold things in place.
              3) clearance issues, BIG clearance issues. Where the turbo inlet pipe (TIP) meets the turbo there is a steel coolant line that runs really close by and I actually had to get a big-ass steel pipe to "bend" it out of the way or else it wouldn't fit. This stell coolant line should be relpaced with a rubber one that can be moved out of the way and bracketed to engine.

The nice thing about this setup:
              1) cost
              2) easily reverasable. you don't have to remove and change TOO much so that going back to stock is a major problem.
              3) stock exhaust manifold. I heard changing this thing is the hardest thing to do on the planet (according to Ken King)
              4) Downpipe is a work of art. Beatiful fit and finish, perfect clearance with everything else.

I won't be running my expected stage3 software until I get a few things sorted out... injectors (in transit) and intake piping.

So I'm just going to basically run APR k03 software with higher fuel pressure. should move pretty damn good though...

I'll write more tomorrow when I start her up!

Comment

Sean, will you be able to make it to the meeting on Wednesday with your car? I'd love to check it out. Sounds awesome! I am quite jelous.

cheers, Chris.
                2008 Audi RS4
                2015 Fiat 500 Abarth

Comment

hey sean. nice work. let me know if you still need that thermal wrap. hope to see your car on the road soon.

Comment

yeah, if I can get my 3" clamp for the exhaust today, I'll have the car ready for wednesday...

If not I'll have to drive my Cadillac to the meet, hahahah :yahsure: :yahhh:

Comment

Originally posted by seanfournier:

If not I'll have to drive my Cadillac to the meet, hahahaha!
                      :mrpimp: :mrpimp: :mrpimp: :mrpimp: :mrpimp:
                      Blair
                      Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Comment

long term report are as follows.

The turbo is still wicked strong.

The bolts to hold the turbo on to exhaust manifold broke and were total crap from start. I replaced with grade 8 bolts high quality. Have not had problem in months.

The 3" (high-flow version) downpipe has cracked once... repaired... cracked again... repaired. This has been my only real complaint about the kit.

The kit SHOULD come with a better exhaust manifold...

the kit SHOULD come with a better turbo intake pipe...

the kit SHOULD come with a little more aggresive programming.

EXTRAS I've done: bigger injectors, ceramic coated (high lustre) exhaust manifold and downpipe.

Saturday will be the day i do a dyno run & hopefully things won't explode

Comment

damn thats gonna be a sight to see...cant wait to see your car man
                          Dale Willimus

Comment

Cant wait to see the results!

BOOYEAH
                            2008 BMW 135i | M Package | JB3 | DCI | BMW Performance Exhaust

Comment

Working...
                            X