Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Interior cleaning... what products?

Originally posted by Ryan
    makes sense when i worked at nw acura when i was in school we used to spray each other with brake cleaner all the time and it didn't wreck any clothes
    Wow lets spray each other with dangerous chemicals
    Name: Brent
    His: '04 TDI Golf Mods: None If it's smoken it ain't broken
    Family: '15 Jetta Sportwagon
    Fun car: '92 Blue Karmann Crabby Cabby Mods: Coils, front and rear swaybars, LED interior lights and some other old things.

Comment

I've got the mothers Leather Cleaner, and the Leather conditioner. Works pretty well I guess. Supposedly Lexol is the **** to use.

Present
      2010 Audi A4 S-Line
      2007 VW GTI 2.0T

Past
      2003 VW Jetta GLI
      1992 VW Jetta GL
      1984 VW Rabbit GTI

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan
        there is also that new NXT interior spray prolly pretty good and it smells rad to boot
        Ryan:

I hear ya!! I also use the Mequiar's NXT Generation Tech wax, and their rubber and vinyl spray-I started off with Armorall, switched to Mother's, and now like the Mequiar's products!!

Comment

meguiars for life, I have a couple hundred bucks worth of the stuff which I got all free of charge
          You should never ever ever use armor all, worst stuff evarghhhhhh

Comment

Meguiars leather conditioner workes "okay" but not great on my leather, however it smells TERRIBLE in my opinion.

Mothers didnt work very good last time I tried it.

I think Boy Racer mentioned that whatever Jaguar uses is really good? Should check out the Jag dealership.
            KR
            Porsche 991 Carrera S

Comment

lexol for leather

NXT spray and NXT liquid for wax

303 for interior and tires

I just saw this new NXT extreme tire spray so i may give it a whirl

Comment

Originally posted by Kor
                Meguiars leather conditioner workes "okay" but not great on my leather, however it smells TERRIBLE in my opinion.

Mothers didnt work very good last time I tried it.

I think Boy Racer mentioned that whatever Jaguar uses is really good? Should check out the Jag dealership.
                Connoly Hide Food was what I was after but the Jag dealership don't carry it anymore. The stuff they do have is now a Jaguar brand but I don't know who makes it for them, seems good to me.
                EU Tuning
                European Performance Products
                www.eutuning.ca
                slomas@upsolute.com

Comment

I know there is a post on the forum about this but I cant find it, for cleaning the engine bay what should I be using??
                  2001.5 Audi S4

Originally posted by James
                  My engine may be a solid 4 liters smaller than yours, but i have a HUGE penis

Comment

I use simple green once a year to clean the engine.... however it has a tendency to dry things out.... so I always water it down quite a bit. Cover the sensitive parts, and then on-top of that use a little elbow grease.
                    Sidewalks are for normal walkin.... aint no room for fancy walkin....

Comment

I know at the car wash you can power wash the whole thing, but last time I did that (in my colt) the car would not start... what should I be covering?

I would think I just got the distributor all wet?
                      2001.5 Audi S4

Originally posted by James
                      My engine may be a solid 4 liters smaller than yours, but i have a HUGE penis

Comment

My Jetta doesnt start if I blast under the hood either, not sure why.
                        KR
                        Porsche 991 Carrera S

Comment

I've washed the engine at work and have had no prob with it starting and the pressure washerat work is far stronger then at a car wash just dont spray the distribtor solidly with a stream of water . Spray Nine works very well to clean the engine off let it soaked for 5 mins. or so also works good on tires (good for winter rims not sure what effect it would have on the finish of a summer rim tho)
                          12 Volvo XC 90
                          03 Jetta1.8T
                          95 Cabrio VRT
                          90 G60 Corrado

Colleen at 403-819-0132 or colleen@brayco.ca for all your mortgage needs.

Comment

Working...
                          X