Rear sway installed today....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rear sway installed today....

Today Brent and myself installed my H&R 28m rear sway.. well with 2 peeps its wayyy easier.. brent helped a ton.. actually he did most of the work LOL but i'm glad he helped out so i owe him some BPs me thinks.

as for driving.. holy crap the back end is really stiff now.. i need to get my 19s on because you can really only push 15s w/blizzacks so hard.. but the car handles a ton better now.. i wish i did this mod 2 years ago.. i have no idea on what setting we put the bar on tho.. its on the closest to bar hole
    (BAR HOLE HOLE) 1st hole nearest the bar its on.. so it maybe on the stiffest or middle? i dunno lol

oh well great mod to do for sure
    (brent has some photos he'll post later)

Re: Rear sway installed today....

bar hole
    KR
    Porsche 991 Carrera S

Comment

Congrats. Yup rear sway bars kick ass. My 28mm Neuspeed adjustable RSB was the best suspension mod I ever did last time around. It did make the car a lot more noisy and creaky though, so I'm unsure whether to add another one this go round. We'll see.
      Yuval
      2008 Volvo C30 T5

Comment

Yep... RSB is key.

Present
        2010 Audi A4 S-Line
        2007 VW GTI 2.0T

Past
        2003 VW Jetta GLI
        1992 VW Jetta GL
        1984 VW Rabbit GTI

Comment

I got my RSB installed just the other day and damn does it do a fine job. My lumbering pregnant hippo of a car has been reduced from having twins to just one!

driving == idiot++;

Comment

Originally posted by NeonGTI
            I got my RSB installed just the other day and damn does it do a fine job. My lumbering pregnant hippo of a car has been reduced from having twins to just one!

driving == idiot++;
            Can't wait for mine... friday is the first payday at the new summer job and its just waiting to be spent... not sure yet though, Neuspeed? H&R? Autotech?

Comment

From what I read on TDI club, a bar is a bar is a bar. If you want/need adjustability, that may sway (no pun intended) your choice.

ABD Racing also has a sway bar:
              http://www.abdracing.com/Merchant2/m...egory_Code=SBK

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Bright Side
                Can't wait for mine... friday is the first payday at the new summer job and its just waiting to be spent... not sure yet though, Neuspeed? H&R? Autotech?
                Autotech...cos I have one in stock

Also they are light, adjustable and have very nice aluminum end links.
                EU Tuning
                European Performance Products
                www.eutuning.ca
                slomas@upsolute.com

Comment

Originally posted by Boy Racer
                  Autotech...cos I have one in stock

Also they are light, adjustable and have very nice aluminum end links.
                  I would have much rather had the Autotech, but it was no where near as cheap as the H&R I got.

I like light.

Comment

my H&R is pretty heavy.. in the end i'd go with honestly any one.. the ones you have to drill are fine.. it took brent and myself a ton of swearing to fit the H&R clamps onto the rear axle...

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan
                      my H&R is pretty heavy.. in the end i'd go with honestly any one.. the ones you have to drill are fine.. it took brent and myself a ton of swearing to fit the H&R clamps onto the rear axle...
                      Ya but it would have been alot easier had we done it before. I also like how the H&R one sits in line with the rear axle not below like most due, that way you have more ground clearance and don't ahve to worry as much about hitting it on things.
                      Name: Brent
                      His: '04 TDI Golf Mods: None If it's smoken it ain't broken
                      Family: '15 Jetta Sportwagon
                      Fun car: '92 Blue Karmann Crabby Cabby Mods: Coils, front and rear swaybars, LED interior lights and some other old things.

Comment

Man what a difference the rear swaybar makes! I recommend it to all my friends!
                        I'm sure with the nice weather arriving, Simon should stock a couple. I'd sooner see the buisness go to him.
                        Like Type 2's? Visit my blog!

My posts and comments written here on this forum are on my spare time and are my personal opinion(s) and are not the opinion(s) or policy of my employer nor are they proven to be accurate. Use advice at your own risk.
                        You dig sucka?!

Comment

Ended up getting the Neuspeed RSB and installed it this weekend.... Did it alone though which was well... engaging. The bar actually fell on my nose at one point while I was mounting it, brought a tear to my eye... but it was all worth it and man that thing corners FLAT now. its great. thanks for the pointers guys...

Comment

Working...
                          X