Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So any interest on a group skidplate purchase?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So any interest on a group skidplate purchase?

As per my post here: http://www.newveedub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4910

Still don't know if I'll need new side guards or not based on that hanging mount.
    Yuval
    2008 Volvo C30 T5

Re: So any interest on a group skidplate purchase?

who cares about a skid plate, lol. i havent had one for years, my side guards are still flapping in the wind... if you're performance oriented, not having a bottom engine guard is a free oil and EGT cooler!

just be careful and avoid sh!t on the road, and you'll be ok.
    2002 VW Golf GT TDI
    2016 VW Passat BiTDI

Comment

Edmonton was a wake up call for me. I'm there pretty frequently and the roads are shite.
      Yuval
      2008 Volvo C30 T5

Comment

Well after losing 1 500$ oilpan to a Calgary surprise pothole and almost getting smashed again the other night in the parking lot across from Sissons (hole had water in it but was more than 6 inches deep) I think I'd be in for one. Funding might be an issue, must persuade the Warden.

Khyron
        Geoff
        Fear is the element that unites all losers.

Comment

Originally posted by uv23
          As per my post here: http://www.newveedub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4910

Still don't know if I'll need new side guards or not based on that hanging mount.
          No new side guards but they may need trimming, atleast the TDI ones do. Email Neil and ask him how they fit on the 1.8t's.
          Name: Brent
          His: '04 TDI Golf Mods: None If it's smoken it ain't broken
          Family: '15 Jetta Sportwagon
          Fun car: '92 Blue Karmann Crabby Cabby Mods: Coils, front and rear swaybars, LED interior lights and some other old things.

Comment

I tried to email Neil but got "Amie" instead and she only answered half of my questions. Do you have an email address for Neil?
            Yuval
            2008 Volvo C30 T5

Comment

I tried to email Neil but got "Amie" instead and she only answered half of my questions. Do you have an email address for Neil?
              Nope but he has a thread in the tdiclub.com dealers section you will get answers from him there, or just email her again for more info.
              Name: Brent
              His: '04 TDI Golf Mods: None If it's smoken it ain't broken
              Family: '15 Jetta Sportwagon
              Fun car: '92 Blue Karmann Crabby Cabby Mods: Coils, front and rear swaybars, LED interior lights and some other old things.

Comment

thibodeau@upsolute.com
                ...you could try mentioning me, I trained him to do the chipping. Probably wont get you anything but worth a try

EU Tuning
                European Performance Products
                www.eutuning.ca
                slomas@upsolute.com

Comment

So can I count you in for 1 skid plate Simon?
                  Yuval
                  2008 Volvo C30 T5

Comment

No thanks my lower tie bar takes the bumps and scrapes for my car.

So can I count you in for 1 skid plate Simon?
                    EU Tuning
                    www.eutuning.ca
                    slomas@upsolute.com

Comment

and the splitter

Comment

performance oriented,…..
                        Hay, who doesn’t?

Crash and burn do make the performance oriented people learn. I don’t see a steel plate will do any harm on saving the repair cost of $500.00. Being said that I do not have one on my Jetta for years too. Anyhow, VW should not excuse from its bad design on their cars. The low ground clearance oil pan is not something they don’t know about. To correct the mistakes they equipped steel skid plats for all the New Beetles. Hay, what about the older MK4s? You are on your own I guess.

You will learn when you fork out $500.00 just to keep the car on the road.

Comment

I was stock suspension with stock wheels when mine happened. Wasn't very big hole but with oncoming traffic there was no choice but to hit it. It didn't actually fracture for almost a month.

Khyron
                          Geoff
                          Fear is the element that unites all losers.

Comment

Originally posted by Khyron
                            I was stock suspension with stock wheels when mine happened. Wasn't very big hole but with oncoming traffic there was no choice but to hit it. It didn't actually fracture for almost a month.

Khyron
                            You are the 3rd person I know who damaged their oil pan locally on stock suspension..dont know any that did it lowered I blame in part (aside from the fact the sump is so low and fragile ) the very very soft compression dampening in the stock shocks
                            EU Tuning
                            www.eutuning.ca
                            slomas@upsolute.com

Comment

Originally posted by Boy Racer
                              You are the 3rd person I know who damaged their oil pan locally on stock suspension..dont know any that did it lowered I blame in part (aside from the fact the sump is so low and fragile ) the very very soft compression dampening in the stock shocks
                              I, too, was on stock suspension when I ripped the oil pan heater off the bottom of my car.

It was a reverse pothole. Crazy road buldged upwards for no explained reason.

That's another reason why I shied away from the cup kick. Edmonton roads are brutal, especially in the spring when surprise potholes are everywhere.

I'm just going to have to take my chances because that skid plate is just too expensive. I know one smashed oil pan would have paid for it but oh well...
                              Brandon

Comment

Working...
                              X