Floor Mats - 03 Jetta GLI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Floor Mats - 03 Jetta GLI

Anyone have a good source/price (Toronto if possible) for OEM or After Market floor mats for 03 Jetta GLI?

Are the After Market products on US sites worth purchasing (heavier weight/pile)?

Cheers,

Van G
    Cheers,

Van G

03 Jetta GLI | Caractere RS Grill | PhatBox

Re: Floor Mats - 03 Jetta GLI

best bet is your local dealer or if you lazy use drivergear online.. get yourself a new set of carpets or monster mats.

Comment

Thanks Ryan,

Figurred I'd have to give my money to the dealer (hoping for OEM online at half price ).

In Toronto we never have to really worry about a lot of slush or anything so I just keep the regular carpet in year round and then plan to replace next spring or so.

I clean my mats once a month with a power wash (soap then rinse and dry out of car). Seems to keep them in pretty good shape.

I drive barefoot whenever I can (almost 3 seasons) so I like my rug clean!

I am getting sick of the standard rubber pedal's. Any suggestions?

Cheers,

Van G
      Last edited by Van G; 12-19-2004, 09:48 PM.
      Cheers,

Van G

Comment

haha if you want your carpets looking brand new try this

just wash them in hot water in your washing machine and toss them in the dryer on medium afterwards.. make sure they aren't gross before or you'll mess up your washer.. i do this to mine every 2 months and they look great

Comment

Cool. Didn't think they would stand up to washing machine.

Do you use softner as well

Any thought on pedals and supplier?
          Cheers,

Van G

Comment

So I purchased replacement mats through my dealer and they are horrible quality. Nothing close to the OEM mats.

The back of the mat is backed with thin foam that will rip apart in no time.
            The carpet isn't as good
            The black is obviously charcol grey - really bad match!

Does anyone know where I can get OEM mats that are backed properly and acutally black?

If not OEM, what after market mats have people gone with (carpet)?

Van G
            Cheers,

Van G

Comment

I would take those back....I like my monster mats, and will probably keep them in all year round, haven't decided yet.....I'm not sure about the cloth mats though, mine are kinda wearing out too, and I need them replaced...
              2006 Colorado Xtreme | AEM CAI | Walker exhaust | smoked glass | -1" dropped rear | Avic D3 | 8000K HID's
              2002 GTI 1.8t | C1 SS | Upsolute 94 oct | Brullen 2.5" DP | Supersprint catback | Poly mounts | 19" Privat's | FK 55 kit | Projector lights | EVOMS CAI
              2000 GSXR750 | Hindle Race exhaust | Telefonica replica | K&N intake | Custom ECU

Comment

Ya, I need new mats too..Mine have massive wear from where my heel is for clutch and gas..so bad that it's just about worn through haha. Ill buy monster mats when i replace them tho
                REAL men use harsh language as self-defense
                -james

Comment

The mats are in the trunk ready to go back. Just need to find a source for good carpet mats. I've called VW CS and voiced my complaint. I'll post back with what they come up with.

I've got Monster Mats as well, but for the summer I want carpet for barefoot comfort!

Van G
                  Cheers,

Van G

Comment

Ended up getting the OEM mats ordered in but they cost a pretty penny. At least I got the quality I wanted.
                    Cheers,

Van G

Comment

Monsters in the winter, carpet in the summer so no real wear on mine yet. Monsters in the back year round cause, well, I ain't back there.

Khyron
                      Geoff
                      Fear is the element that unites all losers.

Comment

Exactly. Monster's in the rear year round for those slobs who you treat to a lift and plush up front in the summer.
                        Cheers,

Van G

Comment

Working...
                        X