Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: turbonium!

Originally posted by Ryan
    well i raced bart this summer after injectors on deerfoot and he had the extra weight of kris but i walked away no problem so chris something had to be funky with your car

that being said i still think barts car is crazy quick for a TDI.. hopefully bart's craziness pushes simon into getting a new turbo for his.. gotta shave a few more seconds off those autox times
    I think this year will concentrate on some suspension mods such as adjustable camber to get my times down. Chip and injectors should be OK for power.
    EU Tuning
    European Performance Products
    www.eutuning.ca
    slomas@upsolute.com

Comment

update:

stay tuned, i might post my dyno
      2002 VW Golf GT TDI
      2016 VW Passat BiTDI

Comment

Originally posted by bart
        update:

stay tuned, i might post my dyno
        Looks like you got that hose issue figured out, let me know how you did it. Ohh and don't forget to hook up that vacuum line otherwise no VNT for you
        Name: Brent
        His: '04 TDI Golf Mods: None If it's smoken it ain't broken
        Family: '15 Jetta Sportwagon
        Fun car: '92 Blue Karmann Crabby Cabby Mods: Coils, front and rear swaybars, LED interior lights and some other old things.

Comment

the pd100 hose "fits like a glove", but its like $270 :(
          2002 VW Golf GT TDI
          2016 VW Passat BiTDI

Comment

look what i got today in the mail from deutchland....

Turbo: Garrett GT1749VB [max pressure ~28psi, titanium blades (or so i've heard), uber-strong shaft, etc]
            Price: 1,200€ (turbo w/ manifold)

And best of all, its OEM!!!!
            It's awsome, however, I'm wondering who sent that to you. The reason I'm asking, is that just last month, my brother, who is a pro ralley driver in Germany, quoted me 700 Euros for the same thing. I'm considering a chipped up-grade to my TDI, using that set-up to get about 180HP. The reason I'm hesistating is that the fellow who is doing the work, tells me that I'll definitely need a new clutch, and he'd also recommend a set of new axles. I'm not sure I want to go to all that expense.

Comment

Bart is definitely the guy to talk to about TDI upgrades, his car is crazy fast and smokey too

Welcome to the boards!!!
              Blair
              Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Comment

Originally posted by Canadian Turbo
                Bart is definitely the guy to talk to about TDI upgrades, his car is crazy fast and smokey too

Welcome to the boards!!!
                Thank you, and thanks for the tip, but I'm dealing with a fellow much closer to my house in Pa. www.rocketchip.com

I think I'll start out with his Stage II upgrade. New injectors and a Vag com adjustment. I'm expecting 115 - 120 HP, and hopefully a little bit more mileage (right now I'm getting between 45 and 49 mpg, depending on how heavy my foot is). This is my first TDI, and my brain still has a hard time accepting the fact that you can get more power, and also increase fuel mileage at the same time. Rocketchip has a Jetta TDI, 180HP, 400Ft lbs torgue, 56 MPG, his daily driver. I asked him why he had all that power, and he pointed out a double axle trailer, with a 200lb tongue weight, that he hauls all over the East Coast for business.

Comment

yes it can get expensive, but it depends on the way you drive. dont wheel hop and dont autox, you wont need new axles. as for clutch, mine is still working just fine. you will def need an intercooler with this turbo too so keep that in mind.
                  2002 VW Golf GT TDI
                  2016 VW Passat BiTDI

Comment

Originally posted by Kor
                    Quarter mile is probably not what anyone means, I don't think anyone on this board is really a drag racing fiend. Obviously there have been some fast 1.8T's in the quarter, I would say that this is partly because more people actually attempt it and more people publish their numbers.
                    im a big 1320 fiend .........
                    sigpic

Comment

yes it can get expensive, but it depends on the way you drive. dont wheel hop and dont autox, you wont need new axles. as for clutch, mine is still working just fine. you will def need an intercooler with this turbo too so keep that in mind.
                      You just gave me another reason not to go through the expense and trouble. I drive 104 miles, round trip, to work everyday, and I'm mainly looking for economy, dependability, and reliability. The little extra power, is basically for the portion of my commute that I do on the interstate. Other than that, I very happy with the car the way it runs now.

If I want to race, I'd keep my 309whp 86'GLH T-2. I just sold it, and am waiting for the new owner to pick it up. That car trashed everything it came up against, including rice rockets, Porsches, Vettes and a couple of Vipers. The only car that gave me a hard time, was a highly modified Jetta (imagine that)

Comment

yes, the big turbo and IC i dont think are THAT much more faster over just a chip and injectors (which are the biggest bang for your buck), after that its getting expensive just to go that little bit faster, but then again, you are faster then everyone else. since i started i might as well keep going though...
                        2002 VW Golf GT TDI
                        2016 VW Passat BiTDI

Comment

28 psi!! holy s#!t!!
                          corrado's like to kick you when you're down!

Comment

Working...
                          X