turbonium!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: turbonium!

The torque would be nice down low but is that 140 HP crank with the new turbo? 280-300 Torque is insane.
    Last edited by QuA; 12-10-2004, 10:41 PM.
    2008 BMW 135i | M Package | JB3 | DCI | BMW Performance Exhaust

Comment

Hmmm which chipped 1.8T was it?

Originally posted by Kor
      Bart ALREADY beats stock and chipped 1.8T's.

With this he will beat everybody...

Comment

Yes broaden my knowledge. =P

Whats the drivetrain loss on diesels?
        Whats the biggest DI turbo from the GT line?

Originally posted by Stonewall
        I think you should broaden your knowledge of VW engines as with this turbo Bart will more then likely be leaving you in his smoke trail quit litterly. Heshould be putting out about 140hp with the .206 injectors (more if he goes .216) and about 280-300ftlbs until his clutch gives out that is
        BTW a chipped TDI will keep up with a stock 1.8T.
        Last edited by QuA; 12-10-2004, 10:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by QuA
          The torque would be nice down low but is that 140 HP crank with the new turbo? 280-300 Torque is insane.
          That is wheel HP Highest hp rating I have heard lately was 166hp with not much more then Bart will be running. NOt many people run the 1/4mile with TDI's but the fastest documented TDI I know of is owned by AtomiSushi (on vortex) who ran in the low 16's. Unfortunely the last I heard is he had an accident and totaled his car :( I read about a cummins powered drag car the other day that ran in the 7's! on biodiesel too
          Name: Brent
          His: '04 TDI Golf Mods: None If it's smoken it ain't broken
          Family: '15 Jetta Sportwagon
          Fun car: '92 Blue Karmann Crabby Cabby Mods: Coils, front and rear swaybars, LED interior lights and some other old things.

Comment

Originally posted by Stonewall
            That is wheel HP Highest hp rating I have heard lately was 166hp with not much more then Bart will be running. NOt many people run the 1/4mile with TDI's but the fastest documented TDI I know of is owned by AtomiSushi (on vortex) who ran in the low 16's. Unfortunely the last I heard is he had an accident and totaled his car :( I read about a cummins powered drag car the other day that ran in the 7's! on biodiesel too
            Ok so if the fastest TDI you know of is running low 16s, how does that = beating chipped 1.8Ts? The average 1.8T trap on some of the drag lists is between low 14s and low 15s (on stock turbo) depending on gas, chip, weight reduction, etc. And I'm pretty sure there's some 13s running around as well.

Hell, that guy from 5th ave ran a 15.5 with a stock GLI - and that's in Calgary.

Not saying it's impossible, but I'm just not seeing where all these expectations are coming from...

Khyron
            Geoff
            Fear is the element that unites all losers.

Comment

Atomic Sushi actually ran 14.77@91.8MPH

http://tdi.atomicsushi.net/

Comment

Quarter mile is probably not what anyone means, I don't think anyone on this board is really a drag racing fiend. Obviously there have been some fast 1.8T's in the quarter, I would say that this is partly because more people actually attempt it and more people publish their numbers.
                Last edited by Kor; 12-11-2004, 02:41 PM.
                KR
                Porsche 991 Carrera S

Comment

Sweet, Bart. Cant wait to see this uber smoker in action! You better start stocking up on new clutches btw.
                  2012 gti, 2012 mustang.

Comment

Originally posted by nismodrifter
                    Atomic Sushi actually ran 14.77@91.8MPH

http://tdi.atomicsushi.net/
                    Such a pitty that car is totaled :(
                    Name: Brent
                    His: '04 TDI Golf Mods: None If it's smoken it ain't broken
                    Family: '15 Jetta Sportwagon
                    Fun car: '92 Blue Karmann Crabby Cabby Mods: Coils, front and rear swaybars, LED interior lights and some other old things.

Comment

TDI Lovers =) Its just the same with going into a GLI forum and arguing that 1.8T's are faster, vice versa.

Originally posted by Khyron
                      Ok so if the fastest TDI you know of is running low 16s, how does that = beating chipped 1.8Ts? The average 1.8T trap on some of the drag lists is between low 14s and low 15s (on stock turbo) depending on gas, chip, weight reduction, etc. And I'm pretty sure there's some 13s running around as well.

Hell, that guy from 5th ave ran a 15.5 with a stock GLI - and that's in Calgary.

Not saying it's impossible, but I'm just not seeing where all these expectations are coming from...

Khyron

Comment

Get that bad ole turbo and manifold ceramic coated before she goes on and up the efficiency.

Comment

Im not arguing that the TDI is faster than a 18t or vise versa, but Bart's will keep up with the best of ya and school the rest..Gotta give him some props coming from 90 crank HP and 155 crank TQ to beatin the pants of gas cars

A true inspiration to all us TDI drivers Bart, keep it up man!
                          REAL men use harsh language as self-defense
                          -james

Comment

Originally posted by QuA
                            Hmmm which chipped 1.8T was it?
                            Once rolling, his car not only keeps up with mine, but in most cases, it's my car trying to keep up with his!
                            2008 Audi RS4
                            2015 Fiat 500 Abarth

Comment

Yikes. Wasn't your car surging?

Comment

well i raced bart this summer after injectors on deerfoot and he had the extra weight of kris but i walked away no problem so chris something had to be funky with your car

that being said i still think barts car is crazy quick for a TDI.. hopefully bart's craziness pushes simon into getting a new turbo for his.. gotta shave a few more seconds off those autox times

Comment

Working...
                                X