Turbo problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turbo problems

So I figured before I posted, I'd do an in-depth check and turned nothing up.... Here we go...

I disconnected my battery for about 10 minutes today to spot weld the remaining pieces of my shock tower brace together.

I reconnected it (battery) , parked the car and finished work. On my way home, I noticed my turbogauge was only pulling to 7PSI. (stock was 9 for me)

I noticed a small air leak at my cheap plastic fitting so I replaced it with a brass fitting eliminating the leak. Tried again, the damn thing still only pulled to 7 PSI.

So I pulled my engine cover off and water tested every square inch of the plastic line and no leaks... it's air tight, including the T fitting. No kinks, no bends, nothing.

Would I have lost that 2PSI because of disconnecting the battery?? Can anyone explain this??? I dont wanna ask Northland or SC because they'll try and tell me that I voided my warranty by putting my shock tower brace in or something. (they did this to a buddy... his hood wouldnt close.. they told him his eyebrows voided the warranty and he fought for weeks to get the damn latch replaced)

Anyways, Ill have pics of the brace on Tuesday/Wednsday.. my folks have a digi.. but they're out of town right now.. It looks great!!

Mark
    -- Mark --
    I want my VW to be fast.
    2001 Blue Lagoon Jetta GLS 1.8T
    Terrorists suck!

Re: Turbo problems

sounds like limp mode to me, why I'm not sure, and why it is staying that long.....
    2006 Colorado Xtreme | AEM CAI | Walker exhaust | smoked glass | -1" dropped rear | Avic D3 | 8000K HID's
    2002 GTI 1.8t | C1 SS | Upsolute 94 oct | Brullen 2.5" DP | Supersprint catback | Poly mounts | 19" Privat's | FK 55 kit | Projector lights | EVOMS CAI
    2000 GSXR750 | Hindle Race exhaust | Telefonica replica | K&N intake | Custom ECU

Comment

Originally posted by TurboMedic
      sounds like limp mode to me, why I'm not sure, and why it is staying that long.....
      no limp mode is 5psi.

my suggestion is give it a couple days and see if its still giving you a problem, sometimes the ECU has to get used to the altititude again. I know when I drive to Calgary from Manitoba, my car sits at 13psi (usually17) for a week until it adjusts.
      Simon

Comment

Originally posted by Simon
        no limp mode is 5psi.

my suggestion is give it a couple days and see if its still giving you a problem, sometimes the ECU has to get used to the altititude again. I know when I drive to Calgary from Manitoba, my car sits at 13psi (usually17) for a week until it adjusts.

True, if you disconnect the battery, some adaptation may be reset.
        KR
        Porsche 991 Carrera S

Comment

Working...
        X