Why should I take my wheels off?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Why should I take my wheels off?

Maybe those all-seasons are fine for you for now.

The point is winter tires do perform superior in winter ice/snow conditions. Ask yourself the same question on why get max-performance summer tires when summer comes next year. They are all black color and round in shape, likely to have a similar smell when you do a burn out on them.

I think I still like my Kumho KW17. Hope that answer your question Klobi-One-Kinobi..

Comment

Originally posted by Klobi-One-Kinobi
      Since we're on the subject, any recomondations for a good bang/buck winter tire for my gti?

Going to pick up a new set in the next month or so. I'm thinking maybe some kumhos, kw11's?
      I just got a set of kw19's for my 15's, goin on the car this week. Ive heard some good reviews about the kumho winter tire line
      Simon

Comment

Originally posted by Simon
        I just got a set of kw19's for my 15's, goin on the car this week. Ive heard some good reviews about the kumho winter tire line
        I just got a set of Hankook W300's from tiretrends.com with some 16" steeleis for a little under $800 CDN shipped and after tax. They are a "performance" winter tire and have an H speed rating so you can still have a little fun. So far they have performed great in these last few days of snow and ice we've had. Even last night with fresh snow on the roads, I only ever saw the ASR light come on once, and I never had ABS kick in at all.

Mike - 2011 A4 S-Line

Comment

Your car looks mean with its steelies on
          Blair
          Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Comment

Originally posted by VRado6
            They are a "performance" winter tire and have an H speed rating so you can still have a little fun.
            I got Z rated winter's baby! Just in case I get up above 210km/h.
            KR
            Porsche 991 Carrera S

Comment

Working...
            X