Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interior Detailing 03 Jetta GLI

Yo NVB,

Wanted to figure out a couple of things before I gave my ride a good cleaning this weekend. Exterior I've gotten the info from here and VW Vortex. Not that much to be found on interior.

For my leather I'm using the Mequiars Medallion after a good vacuuming to make sure I get all the grit out of the seams. Wipe it on. Sit for an hour. Wipe it off and let it sit for the night.

Wondering what people do to clean and protect the matte vinyl on the dash and doors? When I bought the car the dealer said the material was wax sealed and it didn't need any treatment other than a wipe with a rag, but that just doesn't get it clean, especially the lower door where there is dirt and scuffs.

Any suggestions on product that won't lead to cracking and fade like I had on my 79 Scirocco!

Then I want to do the carpet and mats. Mats I've just removed and power washed/soaped/dried before and they are still looking good. For the rest of the carpet, can I steam clean? Advice?

Thanks in advance for and replies. I'll have to post my rides pic up here someday. Not many mod's other than tints and front grill but I still love the black on black VR6!

Van G
    Cheers,

Van G

03 Jetta GLI | Caractere RS Grill | PhatBox

Re: Interior Detailing 03 Jetta GLI

i used 303 aerospace on my dash every 6 months and it protects it nicely then i use a damp microfiber or swiffer weekly to get rid of the dust..

Comment

Thanks for the reply Ryan.
      Does it keep the matte look?
      Where do you buy it?

Another product I've found on threads is Eignhusrt or some odd name like that.
      Cheers,

Van G

Comment

if you use minimal it will keep the matte. i overdid it once and it was kinda glossy for a few days then it went back to normal.. i got mine at autozone or autoparts or one of thoes chains lol

Comment

I think that if it were me, I would never put anything on my dash... for some reason the VW dash seems to get a bit glossy after you've done it once or twice, no matter what product you use. It looks better with the dull finish from the factory.

But once you've started you can't stop. I can't figure out how to restore my dash to OEM glory.
          KR
          Porsche 991 Carrera S

Comment

I don't want to change the look at all. I love the matte finish. The only glossy thing I want is on the outside!

How do you clean the dash and doors of marks and scufffs? Just a diluted cleaner?
            Last edited by Van G; 09-27-2004, 09:51 AM.
            Cheers,

Van G

Comment

I have found the scuffs next to impossible to get out, if anybody out there has a miracle cure please let me know!

Present
              2010 Audi A4 S-Line
              2007 VW GTI 2.0T

Past
              2003 VW Jetta GLI
              1992 VW Jetta GL
              1984 VW Rabbit GTI

Comment

Hrm I use the 303 on the dash and sure it looks glossy for a day but I find it dulls out quick (unlike evil armor all). Meguires leather treatment spray or I use the stuff the dealer mailed me.

Khyron
                Geoff
                Fear is the element that unites all losers.

Comment

what are you guys using on the doors??? specifically the area right next to the glass which gets damaged/faded overtime due to sun exposure. My door trim in that area on the front doors looks like its fading and looks like its going to get really ugly if I don't do something about it soon

Comment

I'm going to try and dig up the name of the product from VW Vortex.
                    Einghusrt or Einhurst: German company that makes a couple of products that some swear by, interior vinyl and plastic care being one of them.
                    Cheers,

Van G

Comment

I think C-town had some of that.
                      KR
                      Porsche 991 Carrera S

Comment

Einszett is the company I was refering to:
                        http://www.einszett.de/website/katalog_en.pdf
                        Cockpit Premium is the product that was mentioned. Anyone use it?

"Anti-static action cleans and protects in one step. All plastic interior components remain matte. Also suitable for cleaning other smooth surfaces made of glass, plastic or painted metal - also for household use."
                        Cheers,

Van G

Comment

I have had good luck with the Mothers "Preserve" product. If you wipe it on, then wipe off without letting it dry, the gloss is minimal. It works really well on the skuffs on door panels, and that plastic section at the base of the seat (mine always seems to get scuffed). As a bonus, it has a nice bubble gum smell. I would think instant detailer would work pretty well on areas other than the dash as well.

Jeff
                          Jeff

his - '03 GTI VR6
                          hers - '06 A4 S-line Avant
                          sigpic

Comment

hehehhe for the dashboard, I just use a "swiffer-sweeper" pad It picks up the dust and dirt really quite well, and doesn't leave any kind of residue! Seriously -- it works great!
                            1.8T
                            Not quite stock anymore...

Comment

I also only use a swiffer on my dash and nothing else
                              Blair
                              Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Comment

Working...
                              X