Um, so it turns out I suck...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Um, so it turns out I suck...

... cause I just ripped the front lip of my car almost all of the way off. I accidently rolled into a parking embunkment, which would have been fine because it was low enough that I just cleared it... however it had a steel post sticking out of it that when I backed up, it just peeled the lip off.

It's about 3/4 off, however it looks like most of the clips are in good shape and it doesn't look too mangled... I think it may be fixable.

Does anyone feel like helping me (read: showing me how to and helping) take off the front lip and reattaching it (if possible)? I would be very grateful is someone could.
    Last edited by Billip; 09-12-2004, 10:59 PM.
    billip
    2013 Audi RS 5

Re: Um, so it turns out I suck...

Sorry to hear, Bill. I've never removed the front lip, but it should be pretty straight forward.
    2012 gti, 2012 mustang.

Comment

if it were me bill id take off the entire front bumper so you have a better feel as to how the clips go in and how they work. taking off the bumper is easy. 3 screws in each tire well, 4 screws at the headlights, and a screw at each lower vent.
      Simon

Comment

Yeah, took off my front bumper this weekend to put in new headlights..Takes all of 15 minutes..The bumer is on slides once you take off all the screws mentioned above so just pull straight out and it'll come off..Also, search the vortex for "bumper removal" and you'll get a really good DIY
        REAL men use harsh language as self-defense
        -james

Comment

Thanks for the replies guys. Yeah, probably a full bumper removal is in order. I suppose if any of the clips are broken I can just drill a screw through them to hold it together.

Let the ghetto fixing begin!
          billip
          2013 Audi RS 5

Comment

Thanks to Bart, Chris and Kris for helping fix my front lip. Looks good as new!
            billip
            2013 Audi RS 5

Comment

Good to hear got to keep that YELLOW Jelly bean ROLLin
              Dale Willimus

Comment

Nice work boys
                Blair
                Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Comment

Working...
                X