Rabbit work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rabbit work

OK I know I was supposed to be at the meeting on the 2nd... But my car has been really funny... Last week sputter here and there I did not want to drive it more than I had to... Yesterday the car starts to rev like its possesed, while I am going to get new marking lights at Bushmaster. So I pop the hood trying to look if I could see something wrong. I hear this sound the car is starting to over heat. I turn off the car call the fiance to come pick me up. Went back later to get the car was running fine.. Got in this morning to get to work and the thing starts to studder then the next set of lights the motor just looses power and turns off.. After this the car does not run properly, starts revs high then turns off. Does run but sounds like a v twinn at 1500 when holding gas

HELP I HAVE KNOW IDEA???? whats going on !!!
    no dub

Re: Rabbit work

Hey Nick when I had my 84 rabbit I had very similar problems, lots of sputtering loss of power, hard to start however and here is were you get mad at me. I never was able to diagnose the problem and just sold it off, I think however it is fuel system related. Good luck
    Blair
    Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Comment

Originally posted by Canadian Turbo
      Hey Nick when I had my 84 rabbit I had very similar problems, lots of sputtering loss of power, hard to start however and here is were you get mad at me. I never was able to diagnose the problem and just sold it off, I think however it is fuel system related. Good luck
      This may sound funny, but check all your electrical too. If somethings intermittently shorted it will just randomly do crazy things. Beyond that, I'm not sure I can help you too much.
      Jay

Comment

Originally posted by Tuna
        This may sound funny, but check all your electrical too. If somethings intermittently shorted it will just randomly do crazy things. Beyond that, I'm not sure I can help you too much.

Could be the isv (Idle stabilization valve) but check your plugs, plug wires, cap and rotor as well. With the random reving and stalling my bet is the isv.

Comment

I tried starting the wabbit the other night... I does not want to even start.. Also there seems to be something leeking I have to figure this out.. In the mean time I have to find another car.. Sorry Alex!!! I think that I might buy my neighbors Volvo 240 turbo... could be a fun winter car!!!!
          no dub

Comment

No worries.....
            2006 Colorado Xtreme | AEM CAI | Walker exhaust | smoked glass | -1" dropped rear | Avic D3 | 8000K HID's
            2002 GTI 1.8t | C1 SS | Upsolute 94 oct | Brullen 2.5" DP | Supersprint catback | Poly mounts | 19" Privat's | FK 55 kit | Projector lights | EVOMS CAI
            2000 GSXR750 | Hindle Race exhaust | Telefonica replica | K&N intake | Custom ECU

Comment

Working...
            X