X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: VW air bags are awesome...

Originally posted by nismodrifter
    the jetta has 245K????? holy ****
    or are you talking about some other car that you own? if its not the jetta...then i might still hold the award for highest mileage mk4
    Yours has more??? LOL I was really adding up the 2 cars but that don't matter no more LOL
    Yes Blair Kaila doesn't have a card as I buy all her parts
    It is a good thing I was still rocking out the old stickers then
    Name: Brent
    His: '04 TDI Golf Mods: None If it's smoken it ain't broken
    Family: '15 Jetta Sportwagon
    Fun car: '92 Blue Karmann Crabby Cabby Mods: Coils, front and rear swaybars, LED interior lights and some other old things.

Comment

130 000kms and counting

Comment

130 000kms and counting
        Sweet, what year is it? Had the timing belt done yet? I have been thinking of buying the timing belt tools as I have read it is not all that hard.
        Fun car: '92 Blue Karmann Crabby Cabby Mods: Coils, front and rear swaybars, LED interior lights and some other old things.

Comment

Originally posted by Stonewall
          Sweet, what year is it? Had the timing belt done yet? I have been thinking of buying the timing belt tools as I have read it is not all that hard.
          its a 2001 timing belt change has been done so its going to be good for sometime
          The high kms torch has been passed down to good hands...I shall rep the high kms club hard until this veedub falleth apart!

Comment

its a 2001 timing belt change has been done so its going to be good for sometime
            The high kms torch has been passed down to good hands...I shall rep the high kms club hard until this veedub falleth apart!
            Hehe if you have a golf you get to carry that torch But the jetta is still alive with 246K now and it is a 2000 It is a good thing we got that car so cheap. That little priest babied that thing as he drove it to hell and back
            Edit: The golf died with 150K on it get driving boyo! Diesel power for'eva
            Last edited by Stonewall; 09-16-2004, 12:07 PM.

Comment

Holy crap, I hate having 52K on my car.....
              2006 Colorado Xtreme | AEM CAI | Walker exhaust | smoked glass | -1" dropped rear | Avic D3 | 8000K HID's
              2002 GTI 1.8t | C1 SS | Upsolute 94 oct | Brullen 2.5" DP | Supersprint catback | Poly mounts | 19" Privat's | FK 55 kit | Projector lights | EVOMS CAI
              2000 GSXR750 | Hindle Race exhaust | Telefonica replica | K&N intake | Custom ECU

Comment

Originally posted by Stonewall
                Hehe if you have a golf you get to carry that torch But the jetta is still alive with 246K now and it is a 2000 It is a good thing we got that car so cheap. That little priest babied that thing as he drove it to hell and back
                Edit: The golf died with 150K on it get driving boyo! Diesel power for'eva
                you MOFO..damn you
                246k is a shitload...but if the car is mint then two thumbs up for jumpin on a good deal ehhe (I think I saw the car advertised in the bargainfinder?)

turbomedic: I guess its a diesel thing...go check around on any MBZ (or even VW) diesel forum..everyones braggin about who has the MOST kms (the diesel MBZ I used to drive "passed away" at 198 000 miles which is approx 300k kms...it could have easily ran another 100k but unforunately ice+rwd+a pole didn't mix too well )
                Last edited by nismodrifter; 09-16-2004, 12:25 PM.

Comment

I have an 84 Nissan Diesel Pickup with 246,000 km on it and it was previously owned by my useless uncle.

I changed the oil as soon as I got the thing and noticed that the oil filter on the truck had a manufacture date in 1998. The oil took well over 5 minutes to drain before it stopped flowing. I filled it up with cheap oil, and within 20 minutes of driving it was BLACK. I changed it again after 500 km using oil taken out of the VW and the oil that drained was BLACK and gritty as hell. Same thing with the VW oil, now it has proper diesel oil in it and it is a better color.

The point to this babble? 20 years old, owned by idiots, NO maintenance, test lab for my bio-diesel experiment, 246kkm, and it STILL runs awesome.

If only it had a turbo.

Comment

Originally posted by NeonGTI

If only it had a turbo.
                    I bet you have an extra one somewhere And how may cars do you have Glenn?
                    Blair
                    Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Comment

Erm.. Well.. Up until May I had four, but then I traded my Daytona for work on my Neon. Now I am down to 3; the GTI, the Neon (my parts finally came in, yay!) and the crappy ole truck.

I do have a T03 .42/.48 sitting in the garage along with a couple intercoolers... Now if only I could fab a manifold.

Maybe when I get back to working a real job. Anyone know of a spot for an ultra-computer geek?

(ending TOTAL hijack now...)

Comment

Originally posted by NeonGTI
                        Maybe when I get back to working a real job. Anyone know of a spot for an ultra-computer geek?
                        What are your skills/experience? I get exposed to a lot of jobs.
                        KR
                        Porsche 991 Carrera S

Comment

Update: Well that last I heard from my adjuster is that they are wanting to fix it but the fellow who is inspecting it is not done his assesment One good thing is that is they fix it, it saves me from having to find another one which is next to impossible right now for what I want. The bad part is the depresiation on the car will be huge! The engine was leaking last I looked to which is not good. So if they fix everything to my satisfaction and no cost to me and let Rudy's do it then I would be happy Other then that life is stress city dealing with all this crap.

Comment

I dunno, Brent. If I were you, I would hope for a write off. Anybody I know of has had problems with their car after a major shunt. Paint chipping, peeling, sqeeks and rattles,etc.
                            2012 gti, 2012 mustang.

Comment

Originally posted by Klobi-One-Kinobi
                              I dunno, Brent. If I were you, I would hope for a write off. Anybody I know of has had problems with their car after a major shunt. Paint chipping, peeling, sqeeks and rattles,etc.
                              I hoped for a write off but looks like there is no way that is going to happen now. I am going to have Rudy's look at it and hopefully fix it as I trust their work so I know it will be done right. I can tell you know I am bitchen at my insurance until it is perfect! as I am taking a mojor hit on the resale value.

Comment

Working...
                              X