Thoughts on the new Wagon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thoughts on the new Wagon

My TDI wagon should arrive in October...when exactly I don't know, and neither does the dealer. But in the meantime, I'm starting to ponder it's future.

1. Wheels. The stock 5 spoke aluminum wheels are just plain bloody aweful.....Longbeaches might be in order. Does anyone run their LB's in the winter with the appropriate rubber?

2. Suspension. The TDi has to have the largest wheel gap known to man. I've tried just the spring thing before without doing the struts and it was terrible. Coilovers suck....I'm getting old I guess. I'm thinking of trying the sport springs offered by the dealer as my insurance company frowns on anything "aftermarket" even though they are made by Eibach. Is anyone running this setup now? I would like to take a ride in their car if possible to see how the ride quality is before I commit to any suspension changes.

3. Body Kit. I doubt I would put one on right away, but this is what I'm thinking. Projektzwo front end, if anyone knows of a used one please let me know, these are not sold in NA anymore. Votex side skirts, and paint the rear valence.

The engine will remain untouched until the warranty runs out.

Anyhow, let me know your thoughts. If anyone knows of any of the above mentioned gear that someone might be selling, let me know. I'm not in a rush since the snow is right around the corner though.

Thanks again,
    Adam

Re: Thoughts on the new Wagon

Don't make the eibach mistake. I had that set you are talking about, it rode like ass and was barely lower. I switched up to my FK coilovers and never looked back. Well worth the additional cost.

Present
    2010 Audi A4 S-Line
    2007 VW GTI 2.0T

Past
    2003 VW Jetta GLI
    1992 VW Jetta GL
    1984 VW Rabbit GTI

Comment

for the front end sorry no dice if you buy pwzo i'll key your car (joking) but yea you'd be hard pressed to get it and not pay out your butt for it.. but your in nanton so buy what you want for a wagon kit i've seen some on vortex that are hot with just a simple GLI lip added on.. then do the votex sides,etc from there

for the suspension if you want to minimize the gap but keep some comfort get some bilsteins and H&R sport springs 1.5" drop should look good enough.

wheels- i ran my LBs with stock all seasons last winter.. first time ever with that big of tire,etc but they were fine.. althought he wheels took some damage from rocks,etc not super bad but i'm kinda anal about that stuff.. get some steelies and dont' look back for winter

Comment

That settles it, Im ordering a full pwzo kit...

And im getting my car resprayed in reflex to match my new DVD player HU

/
        REAL men use harsh language as self-defense
        -james

Comment

haha nice james.. reflex is played.. i'm gonna respray my car in some sorta house of kolor paint next year and make those fenders a lil bigger too

Comment

Try and score a "kolor" with the name "baller" in it mr money bags haha
            REAL men use harsh language as self-defense
            -james

Comment

Adam,

You will be fine with 17s in the winter if you choose, but maybe use the stockies in winter and get some nice 18s for summer For suspension Simon L (Boy Racer) has a hybird H&R cup kit on his car that is a nice balance and he can also get you the parts too!

Enjoy the new car when it comes in!
              Blair
              Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Comment

bubbleboy, wagons MUST look like this:

make us proud and be the first here!!!!!
                2002 VW Golf GT TDI
                2016 VW Passat BiTDI

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan
                  haha nice james.. reflex is played.. i'm gonna respray my car in some sorta house of kolor paint next year and make those fenders a lil bigger too
                  TWO TONE!
                  KR
                  Porsche 991 Carrera S

Comment

Originally posted by Bubbleboy
                    I'm thinking of trying the sport springs offered by the dealer as my insurance company frowns on anything "aftermarket" even though they are made by Eibach.

With the VW OEM parts# they cannot refuse your claim. Who knows what will happen? Not everything is going to be mod related, right. Do not worry that much or maybe talk to another insurance rep who knows new cars do have some OEM upgrades available.

Comment

I like bart's idea

get some 18" AMGs and be a P-I-M-P

Comment

Originally posted by nismodrifter
                        get some 18" AMGs and be a P-I-M-P
                        ...some 19" AMGs and be...
                        KR
                        Porsche 991 Carrera S

Comment

Originally posted by Kor
                          ...some 19" AMGs and be...
                          sorry...my mistake...I guess I still have much to learn about being a p-i-m-p

Comment

Bart, I had that as my wallpaper a couple of months ago. In a perfect world, it might be a possibility, but I do over 170km a day and the ride has to be very comfortable.

I did this to my last wagon with FK's and was very disappointed.

Comment

my pshop being used as a wallpaper....I am honored

Comment

Working...
                              X