FIS cluster main menu

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FIS cluster main menu

I am not sure this topic has been covered before, but never read any thread mentioned and/or seen any pics so here you go.....FIS cluster only.

Main Menu:

Normal MFA (Trip Computer) view:

Car Status view:

This should be similar to the Audi check status button display on B6 A4. I wonder if this would display more info if my car has more than 1 warning light active (ie, low fuel, washer fluit level, brake pad warning, ...etc). I can switch to this status mode when driving, but my friend told me not that case on his B6 A4. If the check button was pushed when driving, his MFA will cycle through all the check, but unable to finish....eventually turn off the MFA display until the car came to a stop, the checking will continue cycle through all the check, then display the status on MFA. Then the MFA will go back to normal.

Display OFF view:

I am not very sure what the "Display OFF" for, but I am guessing it's for valet parking so that owners can turn off the display so that others will not be playing/messing with the MFA display.

In order to get to the main menu, you have to push up/down MFA control button until the main menu appear.

Anyone here with FIS cluster, could you check to see if you have the "Car Status" option in your main menu? My friend's normal FIS cluster does not have car status. I wonder if the Sport Edition FIS cluster has that as well? Thanks.

Here is what my friend's standard (non Sport Edition) FIS cluster main menu:
    Last edited by bigmacf1; 09-07-2004, 01:39 PM.
    Herbert - 2002 Jetta OEM+ Galactic Blue 1.8T 5-speed Tiptronic
    R32 FIS Cluster|Bora HID|Audi A8L fogs|Aero-wipers|Bora Euro taillight|337 muffler w/Jetta MY02.5 tips|337 suspension|GLI front valance|VWR dogbone mount|MY03+ console w/R32 leather handbrake boot|Passat homelink+passenger visor

Latest pics
    My home page

Re: FIS cluster main menu

ahah, i didnt know you can access those menus... i have 4, my extra one is navigation. thanks for the info!
    2002 VW Golf GT TDI
    2016 VW Passat BiTDI

Comment

sweet once i get my third cluster from bart i'll giver a go

Comment

Got this confirmation from UK-MKIVS forum as well for the 4th menu item:

On my car it has 4 options only:

Trip computer
        SatNav directions
        Car Status
        Display off

Display off is totally utterly useless.
        Car Status will let you see scroll thru any warnings the car is giving, eg. Low Fuel, Low windscreen washer fluid,

The best bit is, being able to flick between satnav directions and Trip computer. Cause when you have satnav switched on, sometimes you wanna see how much MPG you're doing etc, or what you average speeds have been so far...etc
        Last edited by bigmacf1; 09-07-2004, 07:59 PM.
        R32 FIS Cluster|Bora HID|Audi A8L fogs|Aero-wipers|Bora Euro taillight|337 muffler w/Jetta MY02.5 tips|337 suspension|GLI front valance|VWR dogbone mount|MY03+ console w/R32 leather handbrake boot|Passat homelink+passenger visor

Latest pics
        My home page

Comment

I found that Car Status will be very helpful as the warning light will go off after a short while, then I would probably forget it (ie, low fuel warning). By going into the status page I will be able to scroll through whatever warning currently have.

Latest pics
          My home page

Comment

yes all true for mine...
            2002 VW Golf GT TDI
            2016 VW Passat BiTDI

Comment

Wow, I've never seen that before. So all you do is scroll up or down and that main menu should show up?

Comment

Originally posted by Bighead
                Wow, I've never seen that before. So all you do is scroll up or down and that main menu should show up?
                Just press and HOLD either scroll up or down button until you see the main menu show up (usually around 2-3 secs). Then you can navigate to the desire menu item using scroll up or down button, use the reset button to confirm.

Latest pics
                My home page

Comment

Weird, that doesnt do anything for me. Maybe its because of my ancient immo-2 system.

Comment

Working...
                  X