Wiper switch with MFA controls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wiper switch with MFA controls

This post may need to be moved to another section.

So as some of you may have read, I installed a cluster with FIS (full pixel display) finally. To use all of it's functions, a new wiper switch is needed.
    I searched on e-bay and found some for 25 Euros, and another 26Euros for the shipping, others with lower start bid prices - that usually get up to 20 sometimes 30 Euros.

Did a lot more searching and found a site (link from tdi club)
    http://www.altrom.com/index.htm

This place is an importer and supplies parts for a lot of different vehicles, they had a few different versions of the wiper switch (wiper stalk).
    4B0 953 503H is the one needed for the golf (need rear wiper function)
    lists for $79 on their website, they also have a list local retailer that can get the products for you.

called Mikkelsen's, they got me one for $67.91 including GST, picking it up today.

You may want to check Altrom for commonly used parts (brakes, electronics, body parts, suspension .........) that you need for VW, or most other makes of cars for that matter, as a price comparisin.

I say this because in the GB for clusters thread the wiper switch was quoted as being about $150 and everyone likes to save some money.
    Last edited by Satnam; 09-01-2004, 12:01 PM.
    put.......put.......

.... ... .. .

Re: wiper switch with MFA controls

Nice link but some prices don't seem to be all that great. Did you try Montgomery for that wiper switch ?
    Name: Brent
    His: '04 TDI Golf Mods: None If it's smoken it ain't broken
    Family: '15 Jetta Sportwagon
    Fun car: '92 Blue Karmann Crabby Cabby Mods: Coils, front and rear swaybars, LED interior lights and some other old things.

Comment

Originally posted by Stonewall
      Nice link but some prices don't seem to be all that great. Did you try Montgomery for that wiper switch ?
      Have you checked who Altrom supplies...(montgomery)
      I can get Altrom parts at less than they list on the site too, but it is definately a good guide.
      EU Tuning
      European Performance Products
      www.eutuning.ca
      slomas@upsolute.com

Comment

I paid dealership prices... it was painful.
        KR
        Porsche 991 Carrera S

Comment

Originally posted by Boy Racer
          I can get Altrom parts at less than they list on the site too, but it is definately a good guide.

Reading the website, Altrom is only a wholesale distributer/importer. They put the suggested retails of the products so you know what to expect for pricing, and provide you with a list of shops (where to buy), but Montgomery isn't one of them. Maybe Montgomery imports for them
          put.......put.......

.... ... .. .

Comment

Re: Wiper switch with MFA controls

I was looking at the retailer site recently and was sure I saw Montgomery. Oh well, my screw up.

Either way, it is a great way of getting instant prices on stuff on line knowing that it is going to be a little cheaper once you go to the retailer.

Like I said though, EU Tuning can get Altrom parts at a good price.
            EU Tuning
            European Performance Products
            www.eutuning.ca
            slomas@upsolute.com

Comment

Originally posted by Boy Racer
              That wouldn't surprise me at all. Also good to know you can get us good prices on about any parts Now all I need is a poly sway bar set because C1 has none in stock and won't be getting them any time soon
              Name: Brent
              His: '04 TDI Golf Mods: None If it's smoken it ain't broken
              Family: '15 Jetta Sportwagon
              Fun car: '92 Blue Karmann Crabby Cabby Mods: Coils, front and rear swaybars, LED interior lights and some other old things.

Comment

Working...
              X