accident update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• accident update

So, that accident I spoke of on deerfoot this weekend, well..I get a call from the truck-driver ladies insurance and he asks the usual questions (are you hurt, whats the damage like, gimmie your rendition of what happened) so when he says damage to the car, i say its not bad, but im going to need my rear bumper re-painted to which he replies "have you contacted your insurance company yet?" I say no, why would I? He says I have to and I say "No, thats fine, Ill just get a quote and send it to you and you can send me a cheque" and he says he can't send me money until I talk to my insurance..is this right? Because if this is the case, wont my insurance go up? Anyways, I told the insurance guy I was going to talk to the lawyers here at work and see what they said before I talked to AMA because I didnt see a reason for my insurance company to have to know.

Thoughts?

Oh, on a sad note, the guy in the cav. that got smoked broke his neck , not like..paralyzing (hes already at home) but you know he'll be hurting for years and years
    REAL men use harsh language as self-defense
    -james

Re: accident update

Well, for a broken neck lets hope he gets the full $4,000. Maybe they will throw an extra thousand or two on for damage beyond soft tissue.

A-holes. Insurance companies are such weasels.

Comment

We'll, Id guess hes gonna get the full amount of whatever a 99 caviler is worth (what, 4? 5g's?)
      Last edited by James; 08-31-2004, 10:06 AM.
      -james

Comment

My last car was damaged, although not through an accident but by a carwash, and I never had to talk to MY insurance company. I took it in to have the damage appraised, and they said the wouldpay for a full respray.

If you take the cheque though they will try to make it less than the value of the paint job.

I dont think that you need to involve your insurance company.

Andrew
        www.livingcolours.ca - This bugs for you

“A man who says he does not let the little things bother him has never spent a night in a tent with a single mosquito” - Unknown

Comment

Originally posted by j'aime ta femme
          We'll, Id guess hes gonna get the full amount of whatever a 99 caviler is worth (what, 4? 5g's?)

Yeah dude you need to tell your insurance however they will asses you at zero fault so you insurance won't go up. They prob will want you to go see one of their assessors and get it checked out then they will pay for it then go after the ladies insurance company that hit you.

Comment

Ok, so I talked to the dude with the broken neck, and he says he wants to pay me cash instead of going thru his insurance (he's 19) so I said sure because I frankly dont care who pays as long as it gets painted..but is he one one that pays initially? He seems to think he is, and then his insurance company will go after the ladies..which would mean I dont need to talk to mine at all..except there is a police report about it, so will they be expecting it?
            -james

Comment

Originally posted by NeonGTI
              Well, for a broken neck lets hope he gets the full $4,000. Maybe they will throw an extra thousand or two on for damage beyond soft tissue.

A-holes. Insurance companies are such weasels.
              Are you saying his payout for injuries would only be 4k$ for a broken neck? I got that much in BC for whiplash (which I am still in pain with every day) I would think for a broken neck and the amout of pain I would be in nothing short of $10-15K would do since it was no fault of my own.
              Name: Brent
              His: '04 TDI Golf Mods: None If it's smoken it ain't broken
              Family: '15 Jetta Sportwagon
              Fun car: '92 Blue Karmann Crabby Cabby Mods: Coils, front and rear swaybars, LED interior lights and some other old things.

Comment

There's alot of neck to break before you get to spinal cord......thats a good thing of course, I'm not sure what payout should or would be on that.......Anyhow, I think that the ladies insurance would pay for both vehicles, not the guy paying for yours first then getting it back, thats not right......And don't pull for a full respray of the car, cause thats the reason my insurance is so high, get what you need done, no more...
                2006 Colorado Xtreme | AEM CAI | Walker exhaust | smoked glass | -1" dropped rear | Avic D3 | 8000K HID's
                2002 GTI 1.8t | C1 SS | Upsolute 94 oct | Brullen 2.5" DP | Supersprint catback | Poly mounts | 19" Privat's | FK 55 kit | Projector lights | EVOMS CAI
                2000 GSXR750 | Hindle Race exhaust | Telefonica replica | K&N intake | Custom ECU

Comment

Originally posted by TurboMedic
                  There's alot of neck to break before you get to spinal cord......thats a good thing of course, I'm not sure what payout should or would be on that.......Anyhow, I think that the ladies insurance would pay for both vehicles, not the guy paying for yours first then getting it back, thats not right......And don't pull for a full respray of the car, cause thats the reason my insurance is so high, get what you need done, no more...
                  Amen brother!
                  billip
                  2013 Audi RS 5

Comment

True. When I got hit, I brought the guy 3 quotes and we took the average of them, and the guy cut me a cheque. I didn't even speak to my insurance company.
                    Nick
                    There are only two infinites, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.
                    --Albert Einstein

Comment

Im not gettin 3 quotes, I'll go to rudys or something and send them the quote..And im not sayin full respray ,Im just saying full respray of the rear bumper, I dont want to have it blended because it wasn't blended before, why should I have to sacrifice for somethin I didnt do?

And i spoke to the kid who broke his neck, he sounds ok and says its not a bad break (whatever the hell that means hah) he says hes in pain but the doctors said he should get a full recouvery and he only spent under 48hrs at the hospital
                      -james

Comment

You have to do a blend of some sort! Either the blend takes place on the bumper itself because the spot is quite small, or you bland it on the quarters because you got the whole bumper sprayed.....Regardless of how great of a shop you go to , variances in brand, batch, environmental conditions, etc, the colour will be different.....Even your blue jetta to another blue jetta made in a different week will be slightly different......
                        2006 Colorado Xtreme | AEM CAI | Walker exhaust | smoked glass | -1" dropped rear | Avic D3 | 8000K HID's
                        2002 GTI 1.8t | C1 SS | Upsolute 94 oct | Brullen 2.5" DP | Supersprint catback | Poly mounts | 19" Privat's | FK 55 kit | Projector lights | EVOMS CAI
                        2000 GSXR750 | Hindle Race exhaust | Telefonica replica | K&N intake | Custom ECU

Comment

Yeah, i understand this, but I tried to clay bar off the roughness on the bottom half of my bumper and it didnt go away.I know the paint wont be exact, but Id rather the entire bumper be painted instead of just a blend patch job..know what I mean?
                          -james

Comment

Originally posted by j'aime ta femme
                            Yeah, i understand this, but I tried to clay bar off the roughness on the bottom half of my bumper and it didnt go away.I know the paint wont be exact, but Id rather the entire bumper be painted instead of just a blend patch job..know what I mean?

Matching a vw black is so freaking easy. It's the same paint code they have been using for 20 years. If they paint the whole bumper or just a part the colour will match.

Comment

I didn't know it was black....and by blending its only the colour that gets blended normally, from the damaged spot out, and the whole panel, be it a fender, quarter, bumper etc, will get cleared....you don't blend clear out, unless you work for maaco.......sorry for that misunderstanding....

Comment

Working...
                              X