Can you name these items? :D

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can you name these items? :D

so here i am, getting ready for my flight back to calgary, and picked up the above during my 3 month stay in poland. i'll be landing around 7pm wednesday (permitting there are no terrorists on the plane), after about 20 hours of not sleeping, i will be *attempting* to install these mods, who wants to help? btw, i recommend we do the lights first, so i dont fall asleep on the way home, the brightness of them should keep me awake. buahaha.
    2002 VW Golf GT TDI
    2016 VW Passat BiTDI

Re: Can you name these items?

Sweetness Bart!! I think I can identify most of them but perhaps I will let some others have a go, those lights are so cool!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Blair
    Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Comment

ohhh, you dirt rat...
      Neil
      '03 Silver Jetta 1.8T - gone, but not forgotten

mods to my car

Comment

Lets ee, I see one mirror. HIDs that are a total rip if you buy them over here, .205 bosch injectors (say goodbye to your clutch) sterring stock for nav and nav unit I get it all or is this a game like wheres waldo? BTW if you want to sell your white jetta mirrors I could really use s set
        Name: Brent
        His: '04 TDI Golf Mods: None If it's smoken it ain't broken
        Family: '15 Jetta Sportwagon
        Fun car: '92 Blue Karmann Crabby Cabby Mods: Coils, front and rear swaybars, LED interior lights and some other old things.

Comment

I think you got them all Brent, but that is a passenger side euro stubby mirror to be more specific, and I think that is it.
          Blair
          Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Comment

Originally posted by Canadian Turbo
            I think you got them all Brent, but that is a passenger side euro stubby mirror to be more specific, and I think that is it.
            Sweet. It doesn't look to stubby though. Nice colour of green. If you need help Bart I am up for it.
            Name: Brent
            His: '04 TDI Golf Mods: None If it's smoken it ain't broken
            Family: '15 Jetta Sportwagon
            Fun car: '92 Blue Karmann Crabby Cabby Mods: Coils, front and rear swaybars, LED interior lights and some other old things.

Comment

the stubby is a real oem for golfs, not lupo or not what c1 has. its green because i bought it used, even if it was new i would still have to paint it, this way i got it for $15 lol

and the injectors we will see about my clutch, i think peoples clutches go because they dont know how to drive, or shift for that matter. like revving to 3,000rpm to start rolling from a stop, because they are worried about stalling. but i dont know if that does anything to clutch life, i am only assuming so.
              2002 VW Golf GT TDI
              2016 VW Passat BiTDI

Comment

I'll be doing the same thing when I goto holland next spring (was supposed to be last spring), I'll try and pilfer some good stuff too!! How much did the lights cost you??
                2006 Colorado Xtreme | AEM CAI | Walker exhaust | smoked glass | -1" dropped rear | Avic D3 | 8000K HID's
                2002 GTI 1.8t | C1 SS | Upsolute 94 oct | Brullen 2.5" DP | Supersprint catback | Poly mounts | 19" Privat's | FK 55 kit | Projector lights | EVOMS CAI
                2000 GSXR750 | Hindle Race exhaust | Telefonica replica | K&N intake | Custom ECU

Comment

Yeah the lights are awesome. Actually, its all awesome stuff. I'm now jealous.
                  Nick
                  There are only two infinites, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.
                  --Albert Einstein

Comment

any particular reason you went with the non-lcd nav? just curious.

Present
                    2010 Audi A4 S-Line
                    2007 VW GTI 2.0T

Past
                    2003 VW Jetta GLI
                    1992 VW Jetta GL
                    1984 VW Rabbit GTI

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Burns
                      any particular reason you went with the non-lcd nav? just curious.
                      I'll guess because it will freeze. If these screens are like laptops, they screen can be damaged if it freezes solid. Is this just an urban legend? I thought someone I knew had to buy a new laptop after leaving his in a car over the weekend when it was -30.
                      Jeff

his - '03 GTI VR6
                      hers - '06 A4 S-line Avant
                      sigpic

Comment

Wow

Comment

Yeah, happened to my buddy too (laptop screen) but he fired it up in his car (was his carputer), the only time you run into issue is when you turn the screen on while its still -30 as far as I know, if you let your car warm up with the stereo off I think it would be good..I mean, it gets pretty damn cold in germany too

edit: Regardless, thank god for heated indoor parking
                          Last edited by James; 08-30-2004, 06:11 PM.
                          REAL men use harsh language as self-defense
                          -james

Comment

Originally posted by Silverstoned
                            I'll guess because it will freeze. If these screens are like laptops, they screen can be damaged if it freezes solid. Is this just an urban legend? I thought someone I knew had to buy a new laptop after leaving his in a car over the weekend when it was -30.
                            Hmm, I never had a prblem after leaving my laptop in may car overnights in the winter....
                            2006 Colorado Xtreme | AEM CAI | Walker exhaust | smoked glass | -1" dropped rear | Avic D3 | 8000K HID's
                            2002 GTI 1.8t | C1 SS | Upsolute 94 oct | Brullen 2.5" DP | Supersprint catback | Poly mounts | 19" Privat's | FK 55 kit | Projector lights | EVOMS CAI
                            2000 GSXR750 | Hindle Race exhaust | Telefonica replica | K&N intake | Custom ECU

Comment

i got the MCD instead of the MFD for a couple of reasons:

the mfd's dont play music cds, you need a changer, the mcd you dont. but i think i still got one. and the mcd is nice and simple, it shows you arrows of where to go. the mfd of course is a big color screen with a map, etc. i think it caters more towards show cars, mine is not, and i wont be using nav that much, or watching dvds, or playstation'ing in my car, so thats why i got an mcd.
                              2002 VW Golf GT TDI
                              2016 VW Passat BiTDI

Comment

Working...
                              X