X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Diy Bov?

gah. I'm a moron.

nevermind
    Last edited by Flanders; 08-27-2004, 08:13 PM.
    1.8T
    Not quite stock anymore...

Re: Diy Bov?

Allow me to take this opportunity to whore......
    2006 Colorado Xtreme | AEM CAI | Walker exhaust | smoked glass | -1" dropped rear | Avic D3 | 8000K HID's
    2002 GTI 1.8t | C1 SS | Upsolute 94 oct | Brullen 2.5" DP | Supersprint catback | Poly mounts | 19" Privat's | FK 55 kit | Projector lights | EVOMS CAI
    2000 GSXR750 | Hindle Race exhaust | Telefonica replica | K&N intake | Custom ECU

Comment

Originally posted by TurboMedic
      Allow me to take this opportunity to whore......
      I think I will whore too, I really don't do that enough
      Name: Brent
      His: '04 TDI Golf Mods: None If it's smoken it ain't broken
      Family: '15 Jetta Sportwagon
      Fun car: '92 Blue Karmann Crabby Cabby Mods: Coils, front and rear swaybars, LED interior lights and some other old things.

Comment

LOL :mrgreen:

I just got envious of the BOV noise on a supra on the drive home from work yesterday and started wondering why the damn things cost $350!!
        1.8T

Comment

Originally posted by Flanders

I just got envious of the BOV noise on a supra on the drive home from work yesterday and started wondering why the damn things cost $350!!
          CAI + DV sounds the same.
          KR
          Porsche 991 Carrera S

Comment

Exactly, I was driving home from wprk yesterday, and I had 3 ricers next to me, fart cans, bookshelf spoilers the works eh, and I'm just driving normal, shifting at about 3-4rpm, and every shift I get that awesome sound of the cai and the forge, sure enough, they all gotta fly by and look hard.....I actually made the 006 chirp yesterday with some 5500rpm shifts, can't wait to get chipped and up the boost!
            2006 Colorado Xtreme | AEM CAI | Walker exhaust | smoked glass | -1" dropped rear | Avic D3 | 8000K HID's
            2002 GTI 1.8t | C1 SS | Upsolute 94 oct | Brullen 2.5" DP | Supersprint catback | Poly mounts | 19" Privat's | FK 55 kit | Projector lights | EVOMS CAI
            2000 GSXR750 | Hindle Race exhaust | Telefonica replica | K&N intake | Custom ECU

Comment

sure a CAI and DV sound the same, but a CAI also costs $300, which is an absolute rip if I ever saw one. It's a freakin filter on a pipe!!!
              1.8T

Comment

sure a CAI and DV sound the same, but a CAI also costs $300, which is an absolute rip if I ever saw one. It's a freakin filter on a pipe!!!
                Don't *have* to pay $300... pick a cheap one up used.
                KR
                Porsche 991 Carrera S

Comment

Originally posted by Kor
                  Don't *have* to pay $300... pick a cheap one up used.

Screw that - Just disconnect the stock dv and instant bov- trust me it works- did it on my buddies A4 1.8t once. I just wouldn't leave it like that for to long -haha can you say dirt in the engine?

Comment

Originally posted by vaggod
                    Screw that - Just disconnect the stock dv and instant bov- trust me it works- did it on my buddies A4 1.8t once. I just wouldn't leave it like that for to long -haha can you say dirt in the engine?
                    "Works" is a relative term.
                    KR
                    Porsche 991 Carrera S

Comment

lol.

Originally posted by vaggod
                      2008 BMW 135i | M Package | JB3 | DCI | BMW Performance Exhaust

Comment

I got mine used for 60 bux....I just waited long enough, but there are lots on the tex...

Comment

why don't I just stick a little whistle in the pipe to the DV, so it will really whistle when I shift!

All the BOV noise, all the DV functionality!
                          1.8T

Comment

why don't I just stick a little whistle in the pipe to the DV, so it will really whistle when I shift!

All the BOV noise, all the DV functionality!

If you guys have even been to wrxforum.com (god their message board keeps crashing and killing the old archives), but someone there as a joke fitted a duck call to his DV and had a recording of it (vvvvrrrrrmmmm....quack!......vvvvrrrrmmmm...quack !)
                            I was laughing my a$$ off for days...I dunno if its still findable though, but it can be done. Silly, but can be done!

Comment

Working...
                            X