Climate controls lighting going crazy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Climate controls lighting going crazy

I thought someone on the board had a problem with the lights on the climate control go on/off whenever they adjusted any controls. I am now having the same issue and was wondering if the dealership was able to fix the issue for that person. I am going to be bringing it in but wanted to know if it was fixed for that person.

Thanks.

Re: Climate controls lighting going crazy

its the bulb behind it.. mine is currently dead.. EVEN after a dealer visit.. they were like umm lemme scan your car for codes!!?? with my deck installed no doubt LOL!! haha but anyways to fix it you have to put the air level to the middle and get some needle nose pliers and a rag or whatever and pull that middle dial straight out and then look inside and you can pull the bulb with some pliers and reinstall a new one..

but from what i've read on vortex get a bulb from the dealer because the crappy tire bulbs aren't bright enough or seem that way..

i'm getting mine fixed in 2 weeks on my year end oil change

Comment

Will a dead bulb make the lights intermittently go on and off?

Comment

or loose.. mine kept going on/off not like flashing just at random on me and i punched the dash to fix it but it just stayed off so i either killed it or loosened the bulb.. i dunno

Comment

Originally posted by thorin33
          Will a dead bulb make the lights intermittently go on and off?
          Yes, if the filament is just broken, but still contacts a bit over bumps....once it contacts, it stays on for a bit, until a bigger bump jolts it loose again.....
          2006 Colorado Xtreme | AEM CAI | Walker exhaust | smoked glass | -1" dropped rear | Avic D3 | 8000K HID's
          2002 GTI 1.8t | C1 SS | Upsolute 94 oct | Brullen 2.5" DP | Supersprint catback | Poly mounts | 19" Privat's | FK 55 kit | Projector lights | EVOMS CAI
          2000 GSXR750 | Hindle Race exhaust | Telefonica replica | K&N intake | Custom ECU

Comment

I had this problem with my Golf too. The light would go on & off randomly. Oddly enough, what fixed it was some percussive maintainance (whacked it with fist) on the passenger side of the console. It was fine after that. Just like the Fonz.

I did buy a new bulb at SCFC to replace it, and it was really cheap if you need to replace it.

Andrew
            www.livingcolours.ca - This bugs for you

“A man who says he does not let the little things bother him has never spent a night in a tent with a single mosquito” - Unknown

Comment

I had the same problem, I'd turn my lights on at night and the climate control light would stay of, so I'd just give it a whack, its a great way to relieve stress.
              Marcel
              2001 Jetta 1.8t

Comment

then, of course, you need to stick both thumbs in the air and say "eeehhhhhh"
                Marcel
                2001 Jetta 1.8t

Comment

lol, i have the same issue. the passenger-side "percussive maintenance" works like a charm. I guess we should be thankful though if this is our concern... could be something worse.
                  - |\/| ][ |\| |_| '|' |= '/, |= |' [] -

Comment

Originally posted by munky1.8t
                    then, of course, you need to stick both thumbs in the air and say "eeehhhhhh"

Percussive maintenance. LOL I have to remember that term the next time my wife yells at me for punching something.
                    Last edited by Mr. Burns; 09-09-2005, 12:08 PM.

Present
                    2010 Audi A4 S-Line
                    2007 VW GTI 2.0T

Past
                    2003 VW Jetta GLI
                    1992 VW Jetta GL
                    1984 VW Rabbit GTI

Comment

http://www.ottawa-vdubbing.com/forum...ic.php?t=10600
                      1.8T
                      Not quite stock anymore...

Comment

I had to get my bulbs replaced on the climate control dials it was covered under warranty for my car a 2003 model.

Thank Gawd nothing else has gone wrong not since my crackeed stereo and peeling door handle incident. Gawd I really thought I was cursed there for a bit with my string on warranty stuff. It now seems it is all worked out YEAH!

Now to get the tires rotated when I'm back from BC is next and to go on the hunt for new winter rims to put the new winter tires I must buy on. :(
                        Some days you step in it, some days you don't.

Comment

That's awesome flanders, thanks for the link. I might have to try that out!
                          - |\/| ][ |\| |_| '|' |= '/, |= |' [] -

Comment

Working...
                          X