Getting Revo 4bar big bore exh. file tomorrow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting Revo 4bar big bore exh. file tomorrow

I've got an appointment to get the big bore exhaust update for revo 4 bar tomorrow afternoon. I'll update on whether it makes a difference or not over the 4 bar program. I'm mostly getting it to get rid of cat CEL, so I'm not hoping for too much in the way of power gains but we'll see.

By the way, I saw the NewVeeDub setup at the sport compact show in Edmonton at the Shaw conf center a few weeks ago. Nice display. You might have seen my little brother's car there....96 civic hatch with H22 swap and T3/4...it won 1st place civic and 1st place performance categories.

Re: Getting Revo 4bar big bore exh. file tomorrow

what exhaust do you have now?
    Neil
    '03 Silver Jetta 1.8T - gone, but not forgotten

mods to my car

Comment

Originally posted by 1.8Trip
      what exhaust do you have now?
      Magnaflow catback 2.25" and RVM 3" dp with no cat. I talked to Revo directly and they figured there would be no issues with this setup versus full 3".

Comment

Yay and Nay, 2.25 is no bigger than stock, so other than the flow from the DP, I'm not sure on the gains???? Maybe I'm just being naive (after all I have stock exhaust), but thats what I thought.....BTW, how does the magnaflow sound?? great priced system
        2006 Colorado Xtreme | AEM CAI | Walker exhaust | smoked glass | -1" dropped rear | Avic D3 | 8000K HID's
        2002 GTI 1.8t | C1 SS | Upsolute 94 oct | Brullen 2.5" DP | Supersprint catback | Poly mounts | 19" Privat's | FK 55 kit | Projector lights | EVOMS CAI
        2000 GSXR750 | Hindle Race exhaust | Telefonica replica | K&N intake | Custom ECU

Comment

Originally posted by TurboMedic
          Yay and Nay, 2.25 is no bigger than stock, so other than the flow from the DP, I'm not sure on the gains???? Maybe I'm just being naive (after all I have stock exhaust), but thats what I thought.....BTW, how does the magnaflow sound?? great priced system
          Sounds pretty good. The dp really livened up the sound in the higher rpms and had a noticable power increase. As for the gains...like I said I'm mostly interested in getting rid of the CEL. The car as it is traps about 96-97 mph so I'll take it out to the track after the re-flash and see.

Comment

Originally posted by TurboMedic
            I thought stock was 2.17", and Khyron dynoed his car after the 2.25 Magnaflow upgrade and got awesome results.
            Simon

Comment

yea geoff got the magnaflow demo from C1 for like 550 or something insane!

Comment

hmmm... i have the revo 4bar program and i just bought a 3" to 2.5" dp w/ a 2.5" catback and have had no probs yet.

if the new file doesn't do the trick, you might wanna try this:

http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=1366095

good luck.
                Last edited by 1.8Trip; 08-20-2004, 07:04 AM.
                Neil

mods to my car

Comment

Originally posted by 1.8Trip
                  hmmm... i have the revo 4bar program and i just bought a 3" to 2.5" dp w/ a 2.5" catback and have had no probs yet.

if the new file doesn't do the trick, you might wanna try this:

http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=1366095

good luck.
                  Yeah, I've seen that on vortex. I think that works for high flow cats that throw a CEL. But since I'm not running a cat I don't think it will work for me. Besides, software fix >> hardware fix

Comment

Originally posted by Jetta03
                    By the way, I saw the NewVeeDub setup at the sport compact show in Edmonton at the Shaw conf center a few weeks ago. Nice display. You might have seen my little brother's car there....96 civic hatch with H22 swap and T3/4...it won 1st place civic and 1st place performance categories.

Thanks for the kind words and congrats to your brother on his car, it was very nice! Good luck with the new file let us know how it goes!
                    Blair
                    Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Comment

So I finally got the software updated. Matrix had a problem with credits, so it took this long to get time to have it redone. Driving wise, there isn't much of a difference. It may be a little smoother but that could just be placebo, and power is still there. Cat efficiency CEL is gone though. I heat cycled the car a couple of times and VAGed and the code hasn't come back.

Comment

Originally posted by Simon
                        I thought stock was 2.17", and Khyron dynoed his car after the 2.25 Magnaflow upgrade and got awesome results.
                        Yah it was sweet - dynos here:

http://www.nexus-point.net/chimera/c...9-03-stock.jpg

http://www.nexus-point.net/chimera/c...-magnaflow.jpg

And with Samco and 15s just for fun:

http://www.nexus-point.net/chimera/c...4-04-samco.jpg

I still think 2.25 is fine for stock turbo but any upgrades the 2.5 is probably the best. I still don't really understand how catbacks do anything for our cars since the stock dp is so restrictive but there's a lot more physics than just removing back pressure. Anyway, happy with the magnaflow and would have been happy with anything really as long as my nasty crooked stock exhaust was gone.

Khyron
                        Geoff
                        Fear is the element that unites all losers.

Comment

good to hear everything worked out for you.

Originally posted by Jetta03
                          So I finally got the software updated. Matrix had a problem with credits, so it took this long to get time to have it redone. Driving wise, there isn't much of a difference. It may be a little smoother but that could just be placebo, and power is still there. Cat efficiency CEL is gone though. I heat cycled the car a couple of times and VAGed and the code hasn't come back.
                          Neil

mods to my car

Comment

Working...
                          X