Detail help (not the same ol' thread)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Detail help (not the same ol' thread)

so, as some of you know, my car looks kinda dumb right now because 1/2 of it has been painted, and the other 1/2 has been neglected for years, so, not sure what I need to do and I've never really done anything like it before, I could just slap on some quick detailer but I'd like to kind of "start over" and get a decent shine out of it and then commence waxing and whatnot. I was talking to Simon L and Turbomedic about it a bit at the car show but it got a little over my head .

So any help would be appreciated, and what I'd need to buy/borrow/rent to perform the procedure would also be a big help. If it's really tricky or too expensive to rent stuff I may price out how much for a power polish, and get it done by someone that knows what they are doing.

Jason
    Jay

Re: Detail help (not the same ol' thread)

As the saying goes
    "Un-Oh, Better get Macco" - just prep it yourself and you'll get a decent paintjob for well under a grand
    REAL men use harsh language as self-defense
    -james

Comment

Originally posted by Tuna
      so, as some of you know, my car looks kinda dumb right now because 1/2 of it has been painted, and the other 1/2 has been neglected for years, so, not sure what I need to do and I've never really done anything like it before, I could just slap on some quick detailer but I'd like to kind of "start over" and get a decent shine out of it and then commence waxing and whatnot. I was talking to Simon L and Turbomedic about it a bit at the car show but it got a little over my head .

So any help would be appreciated, and what I'd need to buy/borrow/rent to perform the procedure would also be a big help. If it's really tricky or too expensive to rent stuff I may price out how much for a power polish, and get it done by someone that knows what they are doing.

Jason
      Alex / TurboMedic seems to be the resident expert, he just bought a new pro quality polisher. Maybe he can give you a lesson...
      KR
      Porsche 991 Carrera S

Comment

Hmmmm....might not be a bad idea, I'm willing to try, but it would help to be shown the ropes for sure.
        Jay

Comment

I'm posting something up about breaking in my new polisher today, I'd be glad to help out if you supply some polish ( I can reccomend a few, you'd need a cleaner wax for sure..)......shoot me a PM....

EDIT: I'm far from expert......
          Last edited by Aleks; 08-12-2004, 06:03 PM.
          2006 Colorado Xtreme | AEM CAI | Walker exhaust | smoked glass | -1" dropped rear | Avic D3 | 8000K HID's
          2002 GTI 1.8t | C1 SS | Upsolute 94 oct | Brullen 2.5" DP | Supersprint catback | Poly mounts | 19" Privat's | FK 55 kit | Projector lights | EVOMS CAI
          2000 GSXR750 | Hindle Race exhaust | Telefonica replica | K&N intake | Custom ECU

Comment

Originally posted by TurboMedic
            Everyone who worked in a body shop raise their hand...
            KR
            Porsche 991 Carrera S

Comment

Originally posted by TurboMedic
              I'm posting something up about breaking in my new polisher today, I'd be glad to help out if you supply some polish ( I can reccomend a few, you'd need a cleaner wax for sure..)......shoot me a PM....

Thanks, I'll PM ya. This is no time to be modest Alex, the specs you were throwing around on that machine sounded like Ryan talking about his "Rigs"
              Jay

Comment

my rigs lol... whatchu talkin about jason? pcs?

Comment

I know Mike and Nick used to work at dealerships as detailers...Its bad ass to clean your car with thems boys cause they dont f**k around! hah..Its kinda sad tho, Mike washes his car in half the time I wash mine, and his still looks better
                  REAL men use harsh language as self-defense
                  -james

Comment

haha i was a wash monkey for NW acura when i was in school here.. i learned how to pressure wash clean a car in like 3 minutes flat but for some reason i spend 10 on my jetta

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan
                      my rigs lol... whatchu talkin about jason? pcs?
                      Haha, yea.....I need to take a PC for dummies course or something!!
                      Jay

Comment

Working...
                      X