First Week of Ownership

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First Week of Ownership

So I have had my Jetta TDI Sport for one week now and put on 2000 km.....I must say that I am impressed with the car every day. Solid car.
    2004 VW Jetta TDI Sport

Re: First Week of Ownership

Originally posted by Vulcan
    So I have had my Jetta TDI Sport for one week now and put on 2000 km.....I must say that I am impressed with the car every day. Solid car.
    Get a chip and its even more impressive!
    KR
    Porsche 991 Carrera S

Comment

daaaaaaamn 2000km in 1 week? thats insane.
      Simon

Comment

Originally posted by Simon
        Welcome to my world!!! bought the car last year with 28,000 now i just broke 80,000
        Dale Willimus

Comment

LOL that is alot of driving My car just cracked 147K and so far running great. I would love to see the difference the PD engine makes though. Hmm PD150 engine swap
          Name: Brent
          His: '04 TDI Golf Mods: None If it's smoken it ain't broken
          Family: '15 Jetta Sportwagon
          Fun car: '92 Blue Karmann Crabby Cabby Mods: Coils, front and rear swaybars, LED interior lights and some other old things.

Comment

Originally posted by Simon
            Which is the main reason I sold my Jeep Rubicon with its 20 mpg mileage and got the TDI!!
            2004 VW Jetta TDI Sport

Comment

Originally posted by Kor
              Get a chip and its even more impressive!
              Ha!....I told myself that I would wait until I had 10K km on the car before I started to mod it.
              2004 VW Jetta TDI Sport

Comment

Ha!....I told myself that I would wait until I had 10K km on the car before I started to mod it.
                But small things don't count right? Like an antenna or clear markers or coilovers?
                KR
                Porsche 991 Carrera S

Comment

I got a small start.....I got 5 windows tinted and ordered the XM Radio (which still have not arrived!!!).
                  2004 VW Jetta TDI Sport

Comment

Vulcan, which chip were you planning to put in? You worried about warranty issues?

Comment

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by Vulcan

Vulcan, which chip were you planning to put in? You worried about warranty issues?
                      Screw that. Do you think VW's are such a bad car that you will have specific engine related warranty issues on a diesel?

They cannot void your entire warranty based upon a chip. They can refuse warranty claims if THEY can PROVE that the chip caused it. If something like your alternator fails there is no way they can deny that based upon the chip.

Diesel engines don't break.

Comment

*hugz his engine*
                        Edit: Diesel engines don't break unless you name is Bart
                        Last edited by Stonewall; 08-03-2004, 05:03 PM.
                        Name: Brent
                        His: '04 TDI Golf Mods: None If it's smoken it ain't broken
                        Family: '15 Jetta Sportwagon
                        Fun car: '92 Blue Karmann Crabby Cabby Mods: Coils, front and rear swaybars, LED interior lights and some other old things.

Comment

Umm they can void your warranty alot more easily than you think. You don't heat stories on teh vortex about, the dealer tried to void my warranty but couldn't
                          Nick
                          There are only two infinites, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.
                          --Albert Einstein

Comment

2000km's in a week? whoah. Mine's a 2001 Jetta (wolfsburg ed) and I just cracked 49k km's!
                            Last edited by Flanders; 08-03-2004, 06:57 PM.
                            1.8T
                            Not quite stock anymore...

Comment

Canada adheres to the Magnusson-Moss warranty act (a US statute) very closely.

If they try to weasel out, just ***** more. Just waste SO much of their time that it would be cheaper for them just to replace the car. Once you start bitching to higher levels of VWOA (i.e. the guys making 100k+ a year) they will usually just push it through instead of having you waste their time.

Comment

Working...
                              X