This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Phat on sale in US only

I see that Driver's Gear has the Phat play on sale for $399 US.....I checked the Canadian site and its still $899.....Ripp job!
    2004 VW Jetta TDI Sport

Re: Phat on sale in US only

nah just go b1tch to the dealer and show them and i'm sure they will sell it to you for 400US

Comment

I don't think that they will come down that much...
      2004 VW Jetta TDI Sport

Comment

so then phone VW canada and complain and be like WTF. trust me just go talk to them .. if needed talk to the parts manager (if there is one). Talk to your salesman even.

Comment

Yeah I was planning on doing that as soon as I saw the price drop!

Im tryin to sell my ipod + carkit right now and if that sells I'll be phatnoisin it up at the old phatnoise factory. Just demand the employee discount, works out to like just over 400usd
          REAL men use harsh language as self-defense
          -james

Comment

Sorry to bringback an older thread but I was checking out the driver's gear site this morning and saw that they reduced the price of the phatnoise. Definately more reasonable now. I might have to pick one up.

http://www.vwdrivergear.com/acb/show...ectGroup_ID=56
            Neil
            '03 Silver Jetta 1.8T - gone, but not forgotten

mods to my car

Comment

Does anyone know if they phatbox music titles show up on the factory deck? I have the non-monsoon deck.

Comment

no just track number and disc number.. they don't even show up on a full mfa cluster like i have :( not even on the audis.. i guess they were working on it but i have no clue anymore if anything was released
                Last edited by R_Ethug; 08-17-2004, 01:43 PM.

Comment

try this....

http://volkswagen.autowebaccessories...ee8e077a953816

Comment

I think I will buy one once they get the song name and playlist name to appear. Hope can make it work.

Comment

Originally posted by 04 TDI Sport
                      I think I will buy one once they get the song name and playlist name to appear. Hope can make it work.
                      Does anyone have any pics of this thing installed in the back of a GTi? Was just wondering what I can expect it to look like on my 20th.

Cheers...
                      Rob
                      Daddy's "Hooligan" - MK4 R32 in Deep Blue Pearl
                      Mommy's "Gran Turismo" - E70 X5M in Black Sapphire Metallic

GONE... BUT NOT FORGOTTEN:

The Family "Muscle Car" - B7 RS4 in Misano Red - Dad's 20th Anniversary "Wanna-be R32" GTi

Comment

It sits in the back of the car in the compartment that the CD changer normally occupies.

I have the full Monsoon, and unless I am mistaken it does show ID3 tags on the display. I can't speak for the non-Monsoon decks, however.

Comment

It doesn't actually fit in the same spot as the CD changer in the Golf/GTI. Unless you do some modifications to it at least, the mounting kit gets attached on the outside of the compartment, right next to it.

I bought mine about 2 months ago, ended up paying about 600 bucks after getting the mounting kit and GST.
                          2007 BMW 328XI

Comment

Originally posted by nonick
                            It doesn't actually fit in the same spot as the CD changer in the Golf/GTI. Unless you do some modifications to it at least, the mounting kit gets attached on the outside of the compartment, right next to it.

I bought mine about 2 months ago, ended up paying about 600 bucks after getting the mounting kit and GST.
                            Personally, I think I would buy the thing... so long as it could be installed behind the panel where the CD changer is supposed to be.

Anyone have any idea of how hard this would be to "factory install" (ie. hidden) the Phat Noise hardware out of sight? I can't seem to find any photo's on the net so far.
                            Rob
                            Daddy's "Hooligan" - MK4 R32 in Deep Blue Pearl
                            Mommy's "Gran Turismo" - E70 X5M in Black Sapphire Metallic

GONE... BUT NOT FORGOTTEN:

The Family "Muscle Car" - B7 RS4 in Misano Red - Dad's 20th Anniversary "Wanna-be R32" GTi

Comment

It doesn't display ID3 tags monsoon or not

edit: that said, it does kick some ass, and I don't regret buying it at all.
                              Last edited by Mr. Burns; 10-07-2004, 03:44 PM.

Present
                              2010 Audi A4 S-Line
                              2007 VW GTI 2.0T

Past
                              2003 VW Jetta GLI
                              1992 VW Jetta GL
                              1984 VW Rabbit GTI

Comment

Working...
                              X