Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gunmetal RS4 replicas

Hey guys,
    Im pretty into the whole RS4 wheel thing but I dont think it would look quite right on a black car. My question to you is how/where would I go to have rims re-coated in a gunmetal color..and does anyone happen to have pics (doesnt have to be RS4, just nice gunmetal rims on a black car)

thanks!
    REAL men use harsh language as self-defense
    -james

Re: Gunmetal RS4 replicas

theres one place in calgary that does wheel repair/refinishing. its called alberta tire and wheel repair, its in the NE just off deerfoot and the guy that runs it is called Santos.

refinishing is usually $100-150 a wheel including remounting of tires, so instead of using the OEM colour I guess you can just tell them to use a darker shade for the same price.
    Simon

Comment

I would maybe look at powdercoating places and see how much it would be to get them powdercoated in gunmetal.
      Blair
      Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Comment

Originally posted by Canadian Turbo
        I would maybe look at powdercoating places and see how much it would be to get them powdercoated in gunmetal.
        I Concur
        Jay

Comment

Originally posted by Tuna
          I Concur

oui oui

Comment

yeah dude. bearcoat in the NE is where I got my mesh powdercoated. (not too far from your place of employment)

Present
            2010 Audi A4 S-Line
            2007 VW GTI 2.0T

Past
            2003 VW Jetta GLI
            1992 VW Jetta GL
            1984 VW Rabbit GTI

Comment

there is a guy on vortex with gunmetal rs4s on a black car i think they look hot

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan
                there is a guy on vortex with gunmetal rs4s on a black car i think they look hot
                Yeah i figured they would..I mean, Im going with an all black theme on the ride so the BBS LM's that I wanted to get (after I re-finance the car hahaa) wouldnt really work...although, they really would work and look pimp because they are BBS LM's....ahh, Ive got some time before I can afford rims anyways, just getting ideas
                REAL men use harsh language as self-defense
                -james

Comment

Originally posted by j'aime ta femme
                  Yeah i figured they would..I mean, Im going with an all black theme on the ride so the BBS LM's that I wanted to get (after I re-finance the car hahaa) wouldnt really work...although, they really would work and look pimp because they are BBS LM's....ahh, Ive got some time before I can afford rims anyways, just getting ideas

guess you'll have to get the gunmetal equivelent to the LM's... the BBS RG-R's
                  Simon

Comment

Comment

theres the car.. i like those alot.. but james if you wait end of summer you can get some nice RH's for a good price

Comment

Originally posted by TDI DUB

Do it

Comment

That looks very very hot!!
                          Blair
                          Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Comment

hell yeah, although i still fail to see the point of putting an audi badge on a vw. thats like putting a hemi badge on a 2.0 neon. some people are just retards I guess

EDIT: I should point out that this is different if you have actual audi rims. not replicas like that douche
                            Last edited by Mr. Burns; 06-25-2004, 10:07 AM.

Present
                            2010 Audi A4 S-Line
                            2007 VW GTI 2.0T

Past
                            2003 VW Jetta GLI
                            1992 VW Jetta GL
                            1984 VW Rabbit GTI

Comment

but mike look close at your calipers they have the audi badge on them

Comment

Working...
                              X