I brake for chicks.........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I brake for chicks.........

...... Especially now that I have Brembo cross drilled rotors!
    Big thanks to Brent for all of his help today. He did an awesome job on the installation!

Here they are...

Also thanks to Blair for hooking us up with our new club stickers! They look sweet...

And lastly some fun in the sun today ...

This shot made an awesome wallpaper

Last edited by Derick; 06-19-2004, 11:07 PM.
    Derick

Re: I brake for chicks.........

OH snap that looks good! mmmmmmmm big rotors
    Sidewalks are for normal walkin.... aint no room for fancy walkin....

Comment

besides the bling look, any difference in pedal fade or feel?
      Simon

Comment

yes twas a merry time had by all.... apparantly it was only like 21 today!! man it felt like 40!! lol.. see most of you tommorow.. i'll have a my v1.5 look going for then

Comment

Sweet pics Derick. I want that clock on your garage wall.
          Neil
          '03 Silver Jetta 1.8T - gone, but not forgotten

mods to my car

Comment

Originally posted by Simon
            besides the bling look, any difference in pedal fade or feel?
            Tough to say. They should help with fade, but the feel and stopping distance is about the same. It's hard to tell now though since the pads/rotors still have to be broken in.
            Derick

Comment

It sure was a fun time had by all. We also only had to make one trip to the hardware store to buy a C clamp for the from calipers... it would have made Simon to proud to see our getto work All said and done it really wasn't all that hard to do other then the craptastic job or rotating and pressing the rear pistons in but we soon figured out the best way to do that. Now I do think I didn't leave and bolts loose
              Name: Brent
              His: '04 TDI Golf Mods: None If it's smoken it ain't broken
              Family: '15 Jetta Sportwagon
              Fun car: '92 Blue Karmann Crabby Cabby Mods: Coils, front and rear swaybars, LED interior lights and some other old things.

Comment

Originally posted by Stonewall
                ....Now I do think I didn't leave and bolts loose
                Derick

Comment

Hey, do these things surface rust like our stock rotors do? Cause that kinda pisses me off/worries me
                  Nick
                  There are only two infinites, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.
                  --Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by Smartiepants
                    Hey, do these things surface rust like our stock rotors do? Cause that kinda pisses me off/worries me
                    I dunno Nick, they come coated plus the hubs are coated in high-temp black paint, so I think they're better off than the stock rotors. But I guess only time will tell
                    Derick

Comment

Originally posted by C-town Driver
                      LOL no worries I put them back on just as tight as they where to get off. My arm still hurts from getting those front bolts off
                      Name: Brent
                      His: '04 TDI Golf Mods: None If it's smoken it ain't broken
                      Family: '15 Jetta Sportwagon
                      Fun car: '92 Blue Karmann Crabby Cabby Mods: Coils, front and rear swaybars, LED interior lights and some other old things.

Comment

Looks good, expecially with the rims!! Did I miss some sort of install day??
                        2006 Colorado Xtreme | AEM CAI | Walker exhaust | smoked glass | -1" dropped rear | Avic D3 | 8000K HID's
                        2002 GTI 1.8t | C1 SS | Upsolute 94 oct | Brullen 2.5" DP | Supersprint catback | Poly mounts | 19" Privat's | FK 55 kit | Projector lights | EVOMS CAI
                        2000 GSXR750 | Hindle Race exhaust | Telefonica replica | K&N intake | Custom ECU

Comment

Looking good Derick, seemed to be a nice little mod afternoon, too bad I did have to bail early (lame High School Reunion) but thanks for the pizza, and to SImon L for the new shift knob and boot I love it!!!
                          Blair
                          Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Comment

Working...
                          X