X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Turbonetics. MBC Installed

Going to Mopac tommorow to pick it up.

So for the install:

Cover up the TIH hole with a plug, leave the electronic n75 attachment on and thats it?
    2008 BMW 135i | M Package | JB3 | DCI | BMW Performance Exhaust

Comment

I was just wondering how this would compare to the abd split second electronic boost controller. Is the 14.5 psi of boost that it can run high enough to make some good power? Also what is the stock boost on the 1.8.t? thanks
      Last edited by dubspeedGTi; 06-28-2004, 11:57 PM.
      2004 Reflex Silver GTi 1.8t
      1991 passat GT wolfsburg edition (euro spec)
      1982 golf GTI (euro spec)
      Autocross: the miniature golf of road racing

Comment

Originally posted by dubspeedGTi
        I was just wondering how this would compare to the abd split second electronic boost controller. Is the 14.5 psi of boost that it can run high enough to make some good power? Also what is the stock boost on the 1.8.t? thanks
        The split second bc is useless with a chip since you'll get 15-16 psi on a chip: more than the max 14.5 of the boost controller. Without a chip you will be able to get some power since the stock boost is about 10 psi. However you will not reach as high of a boost level PLUS you don't have the timing and fuel maps of a chip. Really I don't think its a good investment.
        KR
        Porsche 991 Carrera S

Comment

I just picked this guy up... its huge =) Dale did you plug the front and back holes?

Originally posted by Holksvagon
          I have the "Norgren" one so you might want to look into mine or try it out as I just put the N75 back in..... We can meet up some time in Calgary and I can let you try it out for a while and see if you can get it working....

It works great for the first day but then it seems as though the ECU adapts and screws the whole thing up!

Comment

Ran the split second on my car for two years and never had any problems. 14.5 psi is supposed to be the max, but I saw 17psi in 3rd and 4th. Assuming my boost gauge is accurate.

You will see a little more power with a good chip, but probably not much more.

I happen to have my split second bc for sale. $100.
            2012 gti, 2012 mustang.

Comment

Originally posted by QuA
              I just picked this guy up... its huge =) Dale did you plug the front and back holes?
              Can you post up what this looks like? Does it look like this:

or like this?

or neither? If its either of the two images above then I would like to know because I have been trying to find these relief valves for a while.
              Last edited by Kor; 06-29-2004, 05:38 PM.
              KR
              Porsche 991 Carrera S

Comment

Hey Kor ... looks like the bottom one. I have one in my garage... dunno how to install though =)
                Last edited by QuA; 06-29-2004, 06:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by QuA
                  Hey Kor ... looks like the bottom one. I have one in my garage... dunno how to install though =)
                  Thanks. You say you picked it up at Mopac? Where is that?
                  KR
                  Porsche 991 Carrera S

Comment

16th Ave. Right before centre street.

Hey Kor is just using a bleed valve ok? or do i need to pick up more stuff?

Originally posted by Kor
                    Thanks. You say you picked it up at Mopac? Where is that?

Comment

Originally posted by QuA
                      16th Ave. Right before centre street.

Hey Kor is just using a bleed valve ok? or do i need to pick up more stuff?
                      If you got the valve pictured above, it should be a pressure relief valve (I hope). This should work okay by itself, although it will feel like an on/off switch compared to stock.

An open-air "bleed" might work alone but you are essentially "leaking" boost pressure at all times. Your boost onset will be slower too. A bleed would work better in conjunction with the N75 probably. I never really messed with a bleed style valve too much.

You can also use a pressure regulator type valve to cut back pressure to the wastegate. That is what I am using now and its okay.
                      KR
                      Porsche 991 Carrera S

Comment

im runnin an mbc from tappauto and ill hold 20 in every gear but will taper off to 14 or so at 5k rpm

Comment

Working...
                        X