Turbonetics. MBC Installed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turbonetics. MBC Installed

Just finished installing the Turbonetics Varible Boost controller and man what a difference!!!! I can hold 17 psi in 3rd and up, all the way up to around 5000-5500... little jerky at 1/2 throttle but I can live with it...

I can get more boost out of her but with the pressure drop I am receiving from the FMIC I dont want to work my little SNAIL to hard!!

So no N75 screwin around with my car now....
    Dale Willimus

Re: Turbonetics. MBC Installed

Where did you get the MBC?
    2008 BMW 135i | M Package | JB3 | DCI | BMW Performance Exhaust

Comment

Originally posted by Holksvagon
      Just finished installing the Turbonetics Varible Boost controller and man what a difference!!!! I can hold 17 psi in 3rd and up, all the way up to around 5000-5500... little jerky at 1/2 throttle but I can live with it...

I can get more boost out of her but with the pressure drop I am receiving from the FMIC I dont want to work my little SNAIL to hard!!

So no N75 screwin around with my car now....
      Yeah it is not so smooth under part throttle but you can adapt your driving
      KR
      Porsche 991 Carrera S

Comment

Originally posted by Kor
        Yeah it is not so smooth under part throttle but you can adapt your driving
        Ya she is defintley fussy in the weather changes.... Ahh I will get it figured one of these days....

Kris do you have to adjust yours all the time or did you find a sweet spot?
        Dale Willimus

Comment

Ya she is defintley fussy in the weather changes.... Ahh I will get it figured one of these days....

Kris do you have to adjust yours all the time or did you find a sweet spot?
          All the time...

I was hoping to upgrade my setup but the valve I ordered never really arrived.

I'm also considering just switching to an ebc.
          KR
          Porsche 991 Carrera S

Comment

Well I tookm out the MBC and did the N75 thing for a bit.... the finicky little MBC was gettin on my nerves.... I put it back in tonight aftrer 3 weeks of no MBC and man it rolls hard...

3rd gear 3000 RPM roll on hits 18-18.5 and holds there till almost 5500 then tapers to 15-15.5 till red... Now hopefully this little bastard calms down and stays this way...
            Dale Willimus

Comment

There was a video on vortex of someone's ko3s boosting to 25 PSI and then slowly dropping to 14 psi at redline. Thats crazy.

Comment

Originally posted by QuA
                There was a video on vortex of someone's ko3s boosting to 25 PSI and then slowly dropping to 14 psi at redline. Thats crazy.
                If you disconnect your wastegate you will see how high your turbo can boost...
                KR
                Porsche 991 Carrera S

Comment

Originally posted by Kor
                  If you disconnect your wastegate you will see how high your turbo can boost...
                  LOL Qua there is your answer
                  Dale Willimus

Comment

dizzam.

Comment

Some other guy on the vortex which has a tiptronic as well said that I needed to run a diode to get my MBC to work? Because it has to do something with my TCU and N75 commuincating. I soo dont want to diode.... but generally the peeps with a chip and diode have some Sick ass numbers.

PS dale whatcha doing tonight? give me a shout... i wanna see that mbc.

Comment

Well the OL MBC is acting up again... time for some road testing... Seems like when it does act up it just boosts to 15 then my DV vents the rest... maybe its my DV as I have it reversed...
                        Dale Willimus

Comment

Well the OL MBC is acting up again... time for some road testing... Seems like when it does act up it just boosts to 15 then my DV vents the rest... maybe its my DV as I have it reversed...
                          The accuracy of this type of valve is less than 25%. So if you set it to say 18psi on one occasion then it might boost as little as 14 psi at a different time. Or it might spike up to 22 psi. Also, the temperature of the air coming out of the turbo is highly variable. This can change the response characteristics of the valve.

I spent weeks logging results and although I could get it to work "mostly" it was never perfect. Usually its just ask you say Dale - it seems okay but then "acts up" and will be boosting slightly too high or too low for a while.

I ordered a better pressure relief valve from Norgren but it never came. This week I am gonna try to get one from Ontatio...

--
                          Kris
                          KR
                          Porsche 991 Carrera S

Comment

I have the "Norgren" one so you might want to look into mine or try it out as I just put the N75 back in..... We can meet up some time in Calgary and I can let you try it out for a while and see if you can get it working....

It works great for the first day but then it seems as though the ECU adapts and screws the whole thing up!
                            Dale Willimus

Comment

I have the "Norgren" one so you might want to look into mine or try it out as I just put the N75 back in..... We can meet up some time in Calgary and I can let you try it out for a while and see if you can get it working....

It works great for the first day but then it seems as though the ECU adapts and screws the whole thing up!
                              Where the hell did you get it? I thought you said you were using a Turbonetics mbc? :confused
                              Last edited by Kor; 06-28-2004, 12:32 PM.
                              KR
                              Porsche 991 Carrera S

Comment

Working...
                              X