Body shops in Calgary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Body shops in Calgary

First I just wanted to say HEY to all in the forum. I just signed up and think that its great that Calgary has a site like this that can cater to local dubbers!

Anyways I was wondering if anyone can recommend a good shop in Calgary to install an Oettinger body kit. This is the first kit I have installed so don't really know where to start looking. If someone could give me the 411 on a place that does great quality work and preferebly has expereince working with VW's I would be forever thankful!

Would also love to hear about your experiences with having your kits installed.

Thanks in advance!
    Derick

Welcome to the boards C-Town Driver, I have seen you post lots on the Vortex but welcome to the local scene and if you have time we are having are monthly meet on wednesday, check out the events section for more info.

As for body shops I am sure you may get several opinons, from SOS, Automotion, Courtesy and several more. My car came with a kit so I have not had much experience getting **** done. [Thumbs Up] [Thumbs Up]
    Blair
    Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Comment

Thanks for the leads CanadianTurbo! I'll start by calling these places first. Will also check out the events section, but I might not have a car to get there if it's in the shop
      Derick

Comment

I would NOT recommend Automotion. Not only did they take forever with my mid hatch spoiler but they fastened it wrong so it slips off the hatch and hits the rear window. Sounds strange but I will show you. I know Peter has had some troubles with them as well.

When I dropped my spoiler off there to be painted and installed, I came back 2 weeks later to find it on the floor of their reception area That is after they told me they painted it....Look somewhere else

Don't get me started on concours auto body either
        I own a luxury econobox..is that an oxymoron?

Comment

Man, I'd blow a gasket if that happened to my bumper strip

Thanks for the tip off guys. Now I know...
          Automotion & Concours = Trouble
          Derick

Comment

Hey C-Turbo, who is SOS ?

anyone else you would recommend for
            painting my valences ?

Comment

...and just out of curiosity, whats a fair price to pay for such a job?
              KR
              Porsche 991 Carrera S

Comment

LOL :mrlaugh: :angry: :mrfinger: Automation

Once my friend had his request to the people in Automation to install the full Oettinger Audi A4(B5) kit. :ed: They said they do not have the time to have the people to deal with the non OE parts. :mrscrewy: Well, come on that the parts from Germany and that Audi was built in Germany too. Then finally talk about the deal of making it happen for them to do it. They want $5300 painted and installed for six pieces of body kit. :thumbsup:
                “If you think your car is under control, you’re going slow.”

Comment

I know a really good guy who does very good work. Just a small shop, nothing fancy. He did one side of my Porsche with excellent results. It's funny because you go through alot of talk that sounds like the usual 'this is a difficult job, hmmm, lots of labour here, price of material..blah blah" but when he gives you the price it is usually pretty good. A little bit of bargaining usually brings it down more.

Anyway mention me, Simon with the Porsche and he will take care of you. He has done alot of work for my freinds on recommendation, all of which have been happy with the quality and price

Elite Auto Body
                  273 3331
                  19 920 28 ST NE
                  EU Tuning
                  European Performance Products
                  www.eutuning.ca
                  slomas@upsolute.com

Comment

MY buddy's dad owns contemporary in the NE, or whatever its called. They do a great job and I would highly recommend them for stuff...however the pricing is quite high, but if you are gonna do it, may aswell do it right
                    Paul

Mayonnaise colour Benz, I push Miracle Whips!

Comment

Working...
                    X