Place for stereo stuff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Place for stereo stuff

I am looking at installing an Alpine CHA S634 cd changer in my Golf, to be played through the stock head unit. It is a 6 cd changer that does MP3s.

You can get adapter cables that allow it to interface with the VW gear.

Anyone know of a place in Canada that you can order this sort of stuff from?

You can get the head units from Soundsaround here, but they had no clue about installing it with the stock VW gear.

--brent nelson

Brent,

I was thinking about doing the same a while back and asked about it on the clubb5.com site. You may want to read through that post.

http://clubb5.zeroforum.com/zerothread?id=33497

I don't know where to order it, but hopefully the list of required parts helps you out. I decided to wait a while myself.

Pete
    2002 VW Passat Variant -SOLD - Needed to go back to a truck...!

Comment

Now Im tempted by one of the american satelite radio dealies. I would want to keep the stock head unit (I like the double din thing).

XM Radio is a bigger company, but Sirius looks like it has better channels. Then there is the question of what the reception will be like up here. And it is not-all-that-legal.

Damn, everything is expensive, but good digital radio (100 channels) would be nice.

Comment

I have been doing a lot of research on satellite radio cuz I am interested but more so for my house then car. Anyway XM satellites are maintained by Canadian companies with control centres in Calgary and Ontario somewhere so apparently the reception here is quite good. The only problem is getting the equipment which a lot of companies will not ship to Canada, but there is always ebay Then when you register you need a US address, however I have been advised to just put any US address cuz they send you hardly anything and they just bill your credit card monthly [Thumbs Up]
        Blair
        Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Comment

Working...
        X