Wait for coilpacks before chipping?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wait for coilpacks before chipping?

Gonna go get Upsolute, but Im still contemplating if I should get my Coilpacks changed before I get it installed. My 2003 1.8T needs a litle more juice!

QuA
    2008 BMW 135i | M Package | JB3 | DCI | BMW Performance Exhaust

I thinnk I might have to.... just a little scared that VW will be snotty about the coilpacks if they find out.

Comment

Well I just got my car back after a one week wait, they only replaced the blown coilpack ( replaced with J ), they told me that they will not replace them all unless 2 or more blow at the same time or I have been in twice with one blown, they also told me that VW may be giving a cash rebait for the hassel of having blown coilpacks, but that's a wait and see issue.
      AKA, Cale262
      IS38 MK7 GTI
      MK3 TT RS

Comment

I have the same letter that you posted, and as the dealership pointed out to me, "Nowhere in the letter does it state that they will replace a single coilpack unless it has failed.", now to me this was a factory warranty issue but if you nolonger have factory warranty on your car, this letter simply states that they will replace a faulty ignition coilpack if it has failed, it does not say " Everybody bring your car in and we will replace all of your coilpacks with new ones even if they are working." However, if you find the dealerships in Calgary are replacing them all with this letter, LMK as I'll make the 3hr trip to have it done.
        AKA, Cale262
        IS38 MK7 GTI
        MK3 TT RS

Comment

i got mine done in reddeer, they replaced the last two from my previous 2 missfires, no trouble at all even with out the recall letter!
          *Wetterauer Chip*Brullen DP*ABD Turbo Inlet Pipe*ABD Upper Strut Bar*C-1 Short Shifter*Forge 007 DV*Supersprtint CatBack*Votex Body Kit*H&R Coilovers*ABD Front Sway Bar*Smoked E-Codes*Velocity CAI*W8 Overhead Console*

Comment

Im getting chipped in 2-3 weeks. When I get my pay cheque.

But in this -26C weather.... :(

Comment

I contacted Simon, and I am getting my TDI as soon as it is nice (traction wise) outside.

Yeah, I need some mad fat power!

Comment

Working...
              X