cluster ? - is there a electrical section/should there be one

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cluster ? - is there a electrical section/should there be one

I bought a stock looking cluster but with a full? FIS not the full MFA (non-euro look) from Ebay.

now I know the odometer reading is stored in an eeprom on the cluster. I'm wondering if swapping the eeproms on the 2 clusters would work, or do I have to program through vagcom.

I do have the VAG tool, software from sensolutions.

The car is under warranty so is the dealer a better route?
    put.......put.......

.... ... .. .

Re: cluster ? - is there a electrical section/should there be one

well since you in calgary IM bart on here and him and boy racer (simon) can flash the odo back to 0 for you for which then you vag-code it to your xxxxxxkm you currently have.. works great..

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan
      well since you in calgary IM bart on here and him and boy racer (simon) can flash the odo back to 0 for you for which then you vag-code it to your xxxxxxkm you currently have.. works great..
      Or I think you could just swap the chips but I haven't look into this yet, Bart would know though.
      Name: Brent
      His: '04 TDI Golf Mods: None If it's smoken it ain't broken
      Family: '15 Jetta Sportwagon
      Fun car: '92 Blue Karmann Crabby Cabby Mods: Coils, front and rear swaybars, LED interior lights and some other old things.

Comment

you cant swap chips, unless the clusters were exactly the same. the mfa clusters have extra stuff store on the same chip as to how the mfa is to operate, so if you put the stock chip on there, sure the km will be ok, but i'm guessing no mfa for you, it will all be screwed up...
        2002 VW Golf GT TDI
        2016 VW Passat BiTDI

Comment

I'll bug you later Bart when I put in the cluster.

Did test to see if it worked, it seems to work, but wouldn't let the car start. The immobilizer was killing the engine after startup.

Ryan the new/replacement cluster is at 0km already.
          put.......put.......

.... ... .. .

Comment

many people who ordered clusters from germany/ebay had the same problem, i have a fix for this, but there will be a fee... PM me for more info if you give up...
            2002 VW Golf GT TDI
            2016 VW Passat BiTDI

Comment

You need to follow the Ross Tech procedure for cluter swaps. Your immobilizer is kicking in and killing the car because it recognizes something wrong... it needs to be reset. IN order to do so, you need a code from the dealer.

Give the Ross Tech website a read, and if it still doesnt make sense, email me or something. I have a fix for this, and it will be free.

Oh, and it might make sense to take it to the dealer... that way you get your service book stamped about the cluster replacement in case there are any questions asked when you're selling the car, to ensure the mileage is legit. It cost me about $90 for them to do the swap for me.

Comment

Working...
              X