FK Hi-Tec 35-40 kit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FK Hi-Tec 35-40 kit

Is anyone in the club running this suspension setup? I was being prodded and pushed towards the H&R cupkit, but recent threads all over the Vortex regarding bent struts makes me think this isn't a good option. I'm not sure about the quality or stiffness of the FK shocks, but recently saw this kit on a Golf and think the drop is about perfect for my car. Is it possible to use these springs with a Bilstein or Koni shock/strut combo?

Jeff
    Jeff

his - '03 GTI VR6
    hers - '06 A4 S-line Avant
    sigpic

Re: FK Hi-Tec 35-40 kit

I think the H&R troubles were with older Cup Kits and has since been rectified. Simon L (Boy Racer) has a hybrid cup kit now and it seems great, but I think the FK is n ot bad as well.
    Blair
    Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Comment

Khyron has this kit.
      Simon

Comment

yea i would get teh 55mm kit though 1.5" is too timid IMO cuz once you get it on you'll still want to go lower.. i'm 2" and i want to go like 2.25 if possible but that might requie me putting coils in

Comment

Originally posted by Silverstoned
          Is anyone in the club running this suspension setup? I was being prodded and pushed towards the H&R cupkit, but recent threads all over the Vortex regarding bent struts makes me think this isn't a good option. I'm not sure about the quality or stiffness of the FK shocks, but recently saw this kit on a Golf and think the drop is about perfect for my car. Is it possible to use these springs with a Bilstein or Koni shock/strut combo?

Jeff
          I have a FK Hi-Tec 35-40 kit.
          KR
          Porsche 991 Carrera S

Comment

I'm gonna buy the 55 kit myself......35/40 seems like too subtle of a change...
            2006 Colorado Xtreme | AEM CAI | Walker exhaust | smoked glass | -1" dropped rear | Avic D3 | 8000K HID's
            2002 GTI 1.8t | C1 SS | Upsolute 94 oct | Brullen 2.5" DP | Supersprint catback | Poly mounts | 19" Privat's | FK 55 kit | Projector lights | EVOMS CAI
            2000 GSXR750 | Hindle Race exhaust | Telefonica replica | K&N intake | Custom ECU

Comment

don't you mean the 55 kit disguised as the 35

Originally posted by Kor
              I have a FK Hi-Tec 35-40 kit.

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan
                don't you mean the 55 kit disguised as the 35
                All I know is that I am low enough

No idea why my C1 reciept says they put in the 35-40 but I am as low as or lower than guys with the 55...

Last edited by Kor; 04-14-2004, 02:13 PM.
                KR
                Porsche 991 Carrera S

Comment

I have a set of cup kit fronts springs if someone has the 35/40 and wants to put the front down to 55/40 levels...
                  EU Tuning
                  European Performance Products
                  www.eutuning.ca
                  slomas@upsolute.com

Comment

i also have the fk 35/40 kit. good drop, definitely noticeable...looks and performance. i wouldn't go any lower unless you wanna plow snow. i had some troubles this winter plowing through some 3" of snow in my neighborhood.

and i think the kit dropped in price from last year, making it a really good deal.

eric.
                    Eric
                    2002 Jetta 1.8T, Black

Comment

see here for some pics:

http://www.newveedub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1674
                      Eric
                      2002 Jetta 1.8T, Black

Comment

Originally posted by T is for Turbo
                        How long had your kit been installed when these pics were taken? I saw a pic of a GTI on vortex that looked lower than yours. Maybe it was the VR6 extra weight that dropped it a little more.
                        Jeff

his - '03 GTI VR6
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TurboMedic
                          I'm gonna buy the 55 kit myself......35/40 seems like too subtle of a change...
                          The 55/40 kit would give me a crazy raked look with the VR6 engine. I'm hoping for a level drop like Boy Racer did, but without having to buy 2 sets of springs. As far as the cup kits, there have been several threads on Vortex lately with newly installed kits bending struts. Given the roads around here and my 18s I don't want to have to replace struts. I also like the idea of non-cup kit struts that carry a lifetime warranty and don't already have a poor track record. If I end up going with H&R sports and Bilsteins, I'm worried the drop is going to give me a serious rake as well, since it looks like H&R doesn't make different front springs for the VR6 engine.
                          Last edited by Silverstoned; 04-14-2004, 01:56 PM.
                          Jeff

his - '03 GTI VR6
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Silverstoned
                            How long had your kit been installed when these pics were taken? I saw a pic of a GTI on vortex that looked lower than yours. Maybe it was the VR6 extra weight that dropped it a little more.
                            that pic was taken right after the kit was installed. its been about a year now and its maybe 1/4" lower. i think thats low enough for me since i don't have any problems clearing my driveway....if i come in at an angle.
                            Eric
                            2002 Jetta 1.8T, Black

Comment

Working...
                            X