Parrot Bluetooth Kit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parrot Bluetooth Kit

So I just installed one of these in my car. SO sweet.

I say "Telephone". Beeps. I say someone's name. It says it back. I say home or cell, it says that back in its own hot feminine voice. All the while my phone is in my pocket. Automatically mutes the radio for me, and I have a conversation over the speakers in my car. Install time, less than one hour. Completely plug and play with our ISO connectors.

If any of you have bluetooth enabled phones, definitely look into one of these. The cool/geek factor is off the scale.

Re: Parrot Bluetooth Kit

Originally posted by Bighead
    So I just installed one of these in my car. SO sweet.

I say "Telephone". Beeps. I say someone's name. It says it back. I say home or cell, it says that back in its own hot feminine voice. All the while my phone is in my pocket. Automatically mutes the radio for me, and I have a conversation over the speakers in my car. Install time, less than one hour. Completely plug and play with our ISO connectors.

If any of you have bluetooth enabled phones, definitely look into one of these. The cool/geek factor is off the scale.
    There's this one episode of Top Gear in which Clarkson is programming a built-in mercedes phone, with similar features. Its priceless.
    KR
    Porsche 991 Carrera S

Comment

yea that was hilarious

Comment

Where did you buy it and how much was it? I have been thinking of buying a cell phone and if the price is right I might get a bluetooth phone. I saw the parrot unit a long while back on vortex and it looks pretty cool.
        Name: Brent
        His: '04 TDI Golf Mods: None If it's smoken it ain't broken
        Family: '15 Jetta Sportwagon
        Fun car: '92 Blue Karmann Crabby Cabby Mods: Coils, front and rear swaybars, LED interior lights and some other old things.

Comment

I bought it in September at www.expansys.us along with a phone (which I no longer have). Its currently $170 US, but I recall it being more expensive then.

FWIW, the less functional Sony Ericsson one (which I'd look at since I have a T68i) is $190, and the less functional Nokia one is $130.

Bluetooth is so sweet... I just realized I can synchronize my Palm's phone database with my car now. Aah, technology.

Comment

Just wondering who your service provider is, I cann't seem to find one that sells bluetooth phones.
            Fun car: '92 Blue Karmann Crabby Cabby Mods: Coils, front and rear swaybars, LED interior lights and some other old things.

Comment

Rogers has sold Bluetooth phones, sometimes you just need to dig deeper and ask someone to get one for you. I know Bill (who moved to London) had a Nokia with Bluetooth on Rogers before he left.
              Blair
              Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Comment

You're not looking hard enough. Rogers has several bluetooth phones (Pretty much any sony ericsson or higher end siemens or panasonic and nokia) and so does Fido.

Fido's actually got a great deal right now on SE T616's - $99 with a 2 year contract. Thats amazing.

Comment

Originally posted by Bighead
                  You're not looking hard enough. Rogers has several bluetooth phones (Pretty much any sony ericsson or higher end siemens or panasonic and nokia) and so does Fido.

Fido's actually got a great deal right now on SE T616's - $99 with a 2 year contract. Thats amazing.
                  Was mostly looking through the Telus site but they seem to be useless. I looked at the Rogers site and at their buyone get one free family plans, I might get one there if they let me buy a better phone and still get one free.

Comment

Originally posted by Stonewall
                    Was mostly looking through the Telus site but they seem to be useless. I looked at the Rogers site and at their buyone get one free family plans, I might get one there if they let me buy a better phone and still get one free.
                    I just did that 2 months ago.

First buy the phone you want with the basic plan. Wait a week and then sign up for the family plan with the free phone as "an existing customer". This way you get the phone you want and the still are able to sign up for the family plan / free phone.

My $0.02.

Martin

Comment

Originally posted by indigo-golf
                      I just did that 2 months ago.

First buy the phone you want with the basic plan. Wait a week and then sign up for the family plan with the free phone as "an existing customer". This way you get the phone you want and the still are able to sign up for the family plan / free phone.

My $0.02.

Martin
                      Hmm good point, thanks Martin

Comment

Since We're talking about Bluetooth, thought I'd throw this tidbit in;

Bluetooth Leaves Cellphones Exposed - If you spot someone tailgating you on the road or standing next to you wearing a backpack, then watch out: You may have been snarfed. All the data on your cellphone, including addresses, calendars, whom you called and who called you, may now be in that person's computer. Many cellphones use Bluetooth technology, which allows them to communicate wirelessly with other Bluetooth-equipped devices -- computers, personal digital assistants and other cellphones. This means you don't need a cable, for example, to synchronize the address books on your laptop and your cellphone. It's convenient, but that makes it possible for someone to steal your data, or even hijack your cellphone for their own purposes. Wall Street Journal Europe 15.04
                        Jay

Comment

There was this guy standing next to me with a backpack on in MacEwan Hall here on Campus today... my cell phone rang, so I punched him in the face and ran!
                          KR
                          Porsche 991 Carrera S

Comment

lol

Comment

Originally posted by Kor
                              There was this guy standing next to me with a backpack on in MacEwan Hall here on Campus today... my cell phone rang, so I punched him in the face and ran!
                              Haha, yea watch out for those back pack people, they're everywhere! especially school Campuses
                              Jay

Comment

Working...
                              X