I need your opinions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need your opinions

hey guys and girls, its very rare i come on this site and i just wanted to know your feedbacks about MKII's, more so on the golf...i just wanted to know what to look out for when looking for one to buy and how much do i expect to pay for one. It's not normal finding a golf with over 260 000 km's and the guy asking 4500, as if I'm thinking of getting one, 88-92 2 door.

thanks for your help

Marc

Re: I need your opinions

I actually don't know that much about MKII's, and most of the people wont know much about the oldet style's here. My buddy had a sweet 16v GTI though
    You might find more info in regards to older Vdubbs, at www.clubveedub.com
    Sidewalks are for normal walkin.... aint no room for fancy walkin....

Comment

MKII or otherwise, you're always welcome here!

If the car in question is in good shape all around, i don't think that the high mileage should put you off. I'd still get it inspected to be sure though. Then once it's yours, let the modding begin!!!

Just be sure to keep us posted!! And put up some pics when/if you get it!!
      2008 Audi RS4
      2015 Fiat 500 Abarth

Comment

yeah i'll keep you guys up to date once i get it. In a couple of months i should have one

Comment

There are alot of good mk2's available. You just have to keep your eyes peeled for the right deal. For example, one of our club members was selling a '91 Jetta Karat in mint condition for $2650. My cousin was able to score a sweet '92 GTI for even less than that! It's a great car and alot of fun to bag around in. Here's a couple pics I took of it a couple nights ago....

Derick

Comment

derick bring him to a meet thats a nice car man!

Comment

I had a mr2 for amny years and did all my own work on it. I would never pay that high a price for any mark2 that is a gasser though. First off you never know how much the engine is going to last and all the drive train takes a beating. Let me know if you have any questions. BTW take a real good look for rust around the wheel wells and front windshield as they tend to rust quite a bit.
              Name: Brent
              His: '04 TDI Golf Mods: None If it's smoken it ain't broken
              Family: '15 Jetta Sportwagon
              Fun car: '92 Blue Karmann Crabby Cabby Mods: Coils, front and rear swaybars, LED interior lights and some other old things.

Comment

Originally posted by Stonewall
                I had a mr2 for amny years and did all my own work on it. I would never pay that high a price for any mark2 that is a gasser though. First off you never know how much the engine is going to last and all the drive train takes a beating. Let me know if you have any questions. BTW take a real good look for rust around the wheel wells and front windshield as they tend to rust quite a bit.
                I normally wouldn't pay more than $1800 for a stock mk2. But a Karat is EXTREMELY rare. It is basically the mk2 equivelent of a mk4 GLI with power everything, cruise, upgraded interior, seats, fabric, etc, sunroof, and the list goes on and on. Furthermore, this one was a 5 speed Karat which is even harder to come by. Any mk2 fan will know what a find this is and that's the reason it sold in minutes. From what I understand, the buyer didn't even come to look at the car and just wired the money.

Marc, If your competent enough to handle your own repairs (which are a joke on mk2's) then don't let that discourage you. Check some of the key systems on the car (fuel, water pumps, etc) and have a mechanic look at it. Many mk2's will run forever and are extremely tough. After all, there's a reason these cars are still so popular today.
                Derick

Comment

Originally posted by C-town Driver
                  Marc, If your competent enough to handle your own repairs (which are a joke on mk2's) then don't let that discourage you. Check some of the key systems on the car (fuel, water pumps, etc) and have a mechanic look at it. Many mk2's will run forever and are extremely tough. After all, there's a reason these cars are still so popular today.
                  thanks for helping me out, and all of you who replied as well..atleast i know what to look out for. i have a couple of friends who have MKII's and im sure they'll come with me when i find one...ill keep you guys up to date

Comment

I agree Mk2's are a since to finx, pretty stright forward. Now if you can find a Ralley or a G60 then you would have a smoken car I sold my mk2 at 290K and it was diesel and very drivable. With an engine rebuild that thing would run unit the wheels fell off lol
                    Name: Brent
                    His: '04 TDI Golf Mods: None If it's smoken it ain't broken
                    Family: '15 Jetta Sportwagon
                    Fun car: '92 Blue Karmann Crabby Cabby Mods: Coils, front and rear swaybars, LED interior lights and some other old things.

Comment

MKII's run forever. My Buddy had a transplanted 16v, and another has a Jetta Diesel. It has about 250k on it, and is still running fairly well. If it's done right, an MKII GTI can be one of the nicest cars around.... Very sweet cars
                      Sidewalks are for normal walkin.... aint no room for fancy walkin....

Comment

Working...
                      X