Comparing 2003 Jetta GLi vs. 2004 Jetta GLS VR6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comparing 2003 Jetta GLi vs. 2004 Jetta GLS VR6

Hi all, since I don't know too much about Jettas, I just thought I'd ask, what are the benefits of a '03 GLi like what it comes with. I know about the seats, sport suspension, but I'm sure there is lot's of suttle stuff I don't know about.

Thanks
    Jason
    Jay

Re: Comparing 2003 Jetta GLi vs. 2004 Jetta GLS VR6

03 GLI=6speed
    04 GLS=5speed

03 GLI=Sport Seats
    04 GLS=Regular-ass seats

03 GLI=17" Monte Carlos (yum)
    04 GLS=SOme other wheels that arent as cool as monte carlos

03 GLI=3 spoke steering wheel
    04 GLS=4 spoke

Suspension sucks on both. Correct me if I am wrong, but I dont believe there is a GLS with a VR6 for 04

Present
    2010 Audi A4 S-Line
    2007 VW GTI 2.0T

Past
    2003 VW Jetta GLI
    1992 VW Jetta GL
    1984 VW Rabbit GTI

Comment

Thanks, actually I did a little more searching. I found out a couple things actually, it's not widely publicized but they are actually bringing the GLI "special edition" (the one at the car show) as a 1.8T but they are actually bringing the GLI VR6 out a bit later in the year but apparently there is going to be availability soon, so i'm getting a price. I think the Beaters days are numbered and I don't want to put any money into it so looks like i'm gonna have to get something cheaper than the Passat so I can get something sooner, the beater needs to go.

Thanks for the info, I might have to go used though, I just don't want to get ripped off, anyone know what a '03 GLI would be worth? The dealer seems to almost want "new car price" for it even though they are considered a year old now and have mileage on them.
      Jay

Comment

They have gone for quite high prices on vortex, even used, so I don't think that the dealers are especially out of line.
        Nick
        There are only two infinites, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.
        --Albert Einstein

Comment

The 24V only had a 2year life which is pretty stupid IMO.
          As for the rest what Mike said. I almost wish I bought a GLI instead as I really love those seats, wheel and 6spd.. oh well my jetta is too pimped up now to swap..
          Last edited by R_Ethug; 04-06-2004, 11:12 AM.

Comment

Ok, y'all, I need some help. Don't read too much into this but I'm doing some research and the question is: How much would I expect to pay for a 2003 GLi, with about 23-24,000kms with only sunroof option (no leather, side curtains, etc.)

thanks,

Jason
            Jay

Comment

25-27 i would say

edit.. searched trader.. i would say 28-30.. i think i would rather buy a brand new one for 32
              Last edited by R_Ethug; 04-07-2004, 11:24 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan
                25-27 i would say
                i say ~30,000
                Last edited by Simon; 04-07-2004, 11:22 AM.
                Simon

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan
                  25-27 i would say

edit.. searched trader.. i would say 28-30.. i think i would rather buy a brand new one for 32

Thanks for the input, Ryan, Simon.

Actually Ryan the VR6 GLi is just over 34 at the dealer, so it's a pretty big difference
                  Jay

Comment

Working...
                  X