help, where to find NGK BKR7E plugs in Edmonton

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help, where to find NGK BKR7E plugs in Edmonton

Anyone know where to find NGK BKR7E sparkplugs in Edmonton area? Phoned the usual places (crappy tire, partsource, napa) but no one can even order them.

Re: help, where to find NGK BKR7E plugs in Edmonton

NAPA and partsource do carry these plugs, but they are not called "NGK BKR7E"'s in their computer, thats why they'll tell you they dont have them. I went to partsource and the guy looked in the computer and said no, then I went to NAPA and the guy said "ill go look around". So he went back and looked around and found dozens, but they're under a different number, sorry I can't remember the number.

Tell the person to go find them in the back, I know NAPA does have them, as NGK is their main sparkplug.
    Simon

Comment

Originally posted by Simon
      NAPA and partsource do carry these plugs, but they are not called "NGK BKR7E"'s in their computer, thats why they'll tell you they dont have them. I went to partsource and the guy looked in the computer and said no, then I went to NAPA and the guy said "ill go look around". So he went back and looked around and found dozens, but they're under a different number, sorry I can't remember the number.

Tell the person to go find them in the back, I know NAPA does have them, as NGK is their main sparkplug.
      Thx. I gave them the stock number this time (#6097) and they found it right away.

Comment

eeexcellent.
        Simon

Comment

why not just ebay some denso's like me?

Comment

Originally posted by ryanazarko
            why not just ebay some denso's like me?
            Because on a modified car the spark plug plays an integral part. For every 50hp increase, you want to go 1 heat range colder, and gap 0.04" smaller.
            Simon

Comment

Ok im gonna get some new sparks this week. The NGK BKR7E but is the part # the -11 version or the non -11 ? And can I but them gapped at 28? I may need some Simon help.

QuA
              2008 BMW 135i | M Package | JB3 | DCI | BMW Performance Exhaust

Comment

Originally posted by QuA
                Ok im gonna get some new sparks this week. The NGK BKR7E but is the part # the -11 version or the non -11 ? And can I but them gapped at 28? I may need some Simon help.

QuA
                I explained to Mike over msn, but if anyone else was wondering, the BKR7E's do come in two forms, make sure you DO NOT get the -11 version. It wont work.
                Simon

Comment

Explained with good detail! Thanks simon.
                  2008 BMW 135i | M Package | JB3 | DCI | BMW Performance Exhaust

Comment

Originally posted by Simon
                    I explained to Mike over msn, but if anyone else was wondering, the BKR7E's do come in two forms, make sure you DO NOT get the -11 version. It wont work.

The 11 version apparently is gapped around 0.46 or so. Don't get the 11 version since you need to gap from 0.28 to 0.32.

Comment

Working...
                    X