Caractere

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Caractere

Any opinions on the stuff for the golf, I could get a pretty good deal - like 1100 full kit painted from a post I saw, but I'm not too sure on the looks of it.

Its sort of a toss up, sometimes I like it, sometimes I don't, any opinions?
    Nick
    There are only two infinites, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.
    --Albert Einstein

Re: Caractere

With that intercooler it looks really mean! Imagine seeing that in your rear-view
    Personally I like the look of the caractre kit on dark cars only. Just like I love the Pzwo on only light cars. The caractre kit fits black and dark blue very well IMO.
    Sidewalks are for normal walkin.... aint no room for fancy walkin....

Comment

I'm the same way about the Caractre kit for the golf...I think in person it would look awesome though.
      Paul

Mayonnaise colour Benz, I push Miracle Whips!

Comment

supa hot
        Simon

Comment

it'll look good nick.. hit it up.. probably cheaper than the pzwo cuz you don't need the euro front

Comment

I think you do need the euro front, but the guy I would buy it from already has one.

The pzwo is gone from RPI, so thats no longer an option.

BTW colin, I do have a dark colored car, mine is indigo blue
            Nick
            There are only two infinites, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.
            --Albert Einstein

Comment

I have been seeing a red 4door Golf around town with a Caractere front on it lately. There was also a silver Jetta in full Caractere trim, and Kris will soon have a black one. It can look really good on some cars, but it does look hot with an intercooler, I guess you will need to turbo that 2 liter!!
              Blair
              Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Comment

the silver jetta was this older guys but i think he's sold it since.. i think peter used to give him cards and he would just chuck them out.. oh well

Comment

I am not just saying this 'cause I bought the kit, but I like the Caractere much better on the Jetta than on the Golf.
                  KR
                  Porsche 991 Carrera S

Comment

speaking of different fronts.....whats the difference between a cabrio front and a NA front??
                    2006 Colorado Xtreme | AEM CAI | Walker exhaust | smoked glass | -1" dropped rear | Avic D3 | 8000K HID's
                    2002 GTI 1.8t | C1 SS | Upsolute 94 oct | Brullen 2.5" DP | Supersprint catback | Poly mounts | 19" Privat's | FK 55 kit | Projector lights | EVOMS CAI
                    2000 GSXR750 | Hindle Race exhaust | Telefonica replica | K&N intake | Custom ECU

Comment

Cabrio fronts look the same as Golf/GTI however they are still on the MK3 platform. So you can put a cabrio front on a MK3 and make a MK3.5 so it looks like this

Blair
                      Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Comment

thas HOT! blair do that to your jetta

Comment

Nah I think this look is better

Blair

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan
                            thas HOT! blair do that to your jetta
                            Nah you don't want to turn a Mk3 front into a Mk4, thats just a waste...
                            KR
                            Porsche 991 Carrera S

Comment

Originally posted by Kor
                              I am not just saying this 'cause I bought the kit, but I like the Caractere much better on the Jetta than on the Golf.
                              I agree

Present
                              2010 Audi A4 S-Line
                              2007 VW GTI 2.0T

Past
                              2003 VW Jetta GLI
                              1992 VW Jetta GL
                              1984 VW Rabbit GTI

Comment

Working...
                              X